October 29th

Title: Feedback Loop
Prompt: "The stars are bright tonight."
A/N: Yo pixane is hard to write, to all the pixane writers out there, I salute you.

"The stars are bright tonight," P.I.X.A.L mused as she enjoyed the view of the night sky from their elevated vantage point on the Bounty.

"Yes, they are," Zane agreed, not even glancing at the sky. His gaze was fixed on a beautiful nindroid. The starry night sky cast a silvery glow on her supple metallic skin, backlighting her gentle curves.

"My processors cannot compute the vastness of space, nor the number of stars we can see." she continued. 

"Perhaps it is better that way."

"How do you mean?"

"Awe of the unknown, to be vulnerable, to be human."

P.I.X.A.L. considered his words and turned towards him, only to find his body significantly closer than anticipated. Their foreheads brushed with a soft clink. She swallowed, enjoying the feedback from her nerve circuits; a calming coolness.

"Why do we strive to be human?" she whispered. Zane's elemental power surged, sparking a hunger within her. A curiosity that could never be satisfied, always wondering if she was experiencing technology or magic, if she was feeling or observing.

"They strive to be like us. Bodies that can live forever. Switches to turn emotions on and off."

"Are you suggesting we are superior?"

Zane chuckled. "No. Our bodies are different, but our minds are the same. Think of them as moist robots."

P.I.X.A.L. giggled. "Why does my humor algorithm find 'moist' funny?"

"Because it is."

"Your answer is illogical."

"Some things are beyond our comprehension."

"Unsatisfactory, but I will accept your conclusion."

"That is illogical," Zane retorted and P.I.X.A.L. couldn't help but smile.

"Do those 'moist robots' enjoy a greater feedback response when they do things like this?" She inched closer and her lips lightly brushed against his. Unconscious subroutines took over. Her breath hitched and her eyes fluttered closed as she felt her nerve circuits go on high alert. He closed the gap between them, capturing her lips with his, pushing her backward until she bumped into the railing. His hands found the small of her back as her arms snaked around his neck. His elemental power stirred as a soft moan vibrated in his throat.

He broke the kiss, foreheads meeting once again. "Unknown," he answered her question. "We could experiment with our feedback parameters. However, I think they are functioning properly."

P.I.X.A.L leaned back, enjoying the sharp features of his face. The mechanics of her optic sensors shuttered quietly as she calculated how to elicit another groan out of him. It was never the exact same pattern, she was forever amazed by something new.

"I understand now." she said with excitement.

Zane looked at her, confusion ghosting over his face.

"Thrill of the unknown. Curiosity. To be delightfully surprised. Life is boring if you know all the answers."

Zane could hardly contain his bright smile as she bounced in his grasp. She directed her attention back to the night sky. "The stars are beautiful. I am in awe of the unknown."