October 27th

Title: Serenity
Prompt: "Don't curse, we have little ears listening."
A/N: Inspired by beep24 's jaya two-shot Oops! (You can find it in her jaya one-shot book.)

Nya looked up at him with a loopy smile. Jay smiled back, forcing away the embarrassment that threatened to invade his facial features. He was in for a long night.

In his defense, it wasn't his fault that he mixed up the healing tea with the sereni-tea. He was distracted by a beautiful pair of red lips that said something that made his brain want to shut down and not return until the next day.

Those same lips were now saying more heart-racing things, but he wasn't the only one within earshot.

"Nya," he hissed, "we have an audience."

"So what? Let's put on a show," she slurred, tittering in her stance.

Jay grimaced and turned towards the museum docent who was chaperoning a group of grade students.  The young woman crossed her arms, unimpressed.

One of the students raised their hand. "What is wrong with the water ninja?"

"Uhhhh, she took some medicine," Jay responded lamely.  Which was partially true. They had promised to make an appearance at the museum for Hero's Day and show off for the mobs of students touring the facility. But they were running late from a mission and needed some first aid. Nothing major. All they needed were some bandages and a dose of healing tea.

Jay had his top off to wrap his ribs. Nya made a suggestive comment. He replied with something off handed. She surprised him with a lewd remark. Their verbal sparing match went back and forth, then he mixed up the tea.  The water ninja could be remarkably flirty when she wanted to be. 

Yet that strategy backfired spectacularly.   She was now a wobbly hot mess intent on making Jay's evening a living hell. 

"Jay," she purred then staggered backwards. Multiple pairs of innocent eyes watched as she fought for balance.  Jay forced a smile on his face but his eyes screamed stress.

"I saw you staring at these lips," she tried to point at them but missed, jabbing her finger into her cheek instead. 

Her demeanor changed, silliness fading away as her smile dropped and she looked downright predatory. Jay gulped.  She moved fast, slamming into his chest and he grunted from the force.

"These red lips will look good wrapped around—"

His eyes went wide as he quickly buried her head in to his chest to muffle her words. "Don't curse, we have little ears listening," he squeaked. Squeaked! So uncool.

"Was the water ninja going to say a bad word?"

"My older brother said a bad word yesterday."

"My Daddy says swearing is a sign of poor verbal skills."

"My Mommy says don't use bathroom words."

Jay tried not to cradle his head in his hand in frustration. He turned towards the docent who was still glaring at him.

"Thank you for supporting us on this fine day. As you can see, Nya is having a bad reaction to some medicine, it's time to take her back to the monastery so she can rest. Have a great night, goodbye!" Jay said impossibly fast as he ushered himself and his swaying yang towards the exit.

"You're no fun," she grumbled as the cool night air swirled around them.

"Let's save the fun for when you are sober," Jay sighed, not looking forward to the long night.