Chapter Thirteen- Y/n

The subtle motion of my head hitting the couch cushion slowly stirred me awake, causing me to drowsily assert my surroundings. I wasn't lying on Harrison's lap anymore so I assumed he had gotten up to go to the bathroom or talk to the boys.
          Speaking of, the delicious smell of chicken noodle soup wafted through the house, heading into my clogged up nostrils to greet me with a wonderful scent. I sat up, scratching the back of my head as I glanced around, my hearing starting to pick up the subtle noise of hushed tones in the kitchen.
          I quickly stood up, immediately receiving a painful headrush that reminded me that I had to move slow rather than fast. I held my hand over my head, noiselessly shuffling towards the kitchen entryway. The next six words I heard that were meant to be whispered caused my mind to be unclogged and extremely interested in what they were saying. 
        "So you like her then?" I heard Harry ask in an excited tone as I rushed towards the wall outside the kitchen, completely out of view unless one of them came out the doorway and looked to their right. Well, they would even see me if they looked straight ahead to be honest.
         My mind clustered with questions that I never thought I could contemplate in my state of sickness. Who was he talking to? Who was he talking about? Did one of them have a secret crush that I didn't know about?! 
        "Who wouldn't?" a breathless Harrison answered, letting out a small laugh that was accompanied by a smile. Even though I couldn't see it, I knew it was there.
         Who could he possibly like? And I was his best friend! How could he not tell me he liked someone! Excitement turned to annoyance and I was officially angry with every single person in my house. I had simmered down quite a bit about the whole mono thing but still, I wasn't all too happy that they got me sick. It doesn't help that it's my time of the month and apparently I was extra moody this time around.
         I decided that if I stayed in my spot any longer, I'd be discovered eavesdropping and I wouldn't want that. I walked a few steps and stood in the entryway, receiving panicked expressions from every boy in the room. I studied their faces for a second, noticing them glance at Haz, who was starting to visibly sweat and fidget his fingers around.
        Like a sack of bricks hitting me from out of nowhere, it suddenly all made sense. The extra-long late night chat sessions over the phone, the eagerness to come over at any second I ask, the talk in the bedroom, him saying that it was "good" that I didn't like Tom when we kissed, the apparent awkwardness when our hands touched earlier today, and their frantic looks now; it was as if I was seeing Harrison Osterfield for the first time. A controlled while still shocked expression washed over my face as I stared at him, my eyes only a tad wide due to the heavy restraint on my behalf.
         "Uh, hi Y/n," he greeted nervously, scratching the back of his neck while trying to let out a "normal" laugh. I stood there, not sure what to say or do. I asserted myself and cleared my throat, breaking my gaze with him to turn it to the others.
         "You guys are acting weirder than usual," I observed, forcing out a chuckle that was far more relaxed than his.
           I stepped across the wood floor and made my way to the sink, grabbing a glass out of the cupboard and filling it with water. I drowned my thoughts in a long sip, wanting to avoid eye contact with any of them for as long as I could. They can't know that I know, and he can't know that I know. After all, he said himself that a relationship with any of them would ruin everything, so it's better to just leave well enough alone.
         "Why, what did you hear?" Sam asked in a quickened tone, causing me to choke on my water. I drew the cup from my face, gulping down the last drops that had stuck in my throat. I summoned all the acting skills that Tom's taught me over the past six years and put them to the test, releasing a small laugh that sounded normal.
        "Well I just came in and you guys were staring at me soooo was I not supposed to hear something?" I asked cockily, folding my arms while eyeing each one of them, including Haz to prove that there was nothing out of the ordinary going on. He shifted around, glanced at the floor, then back in my direction, meeting my gaze a second before I couldn't hold out any longer and looked at Tom instead.
        "Wha-? No, we were just talking about how Sam er- farted and we were afraid it'd wake you up and when you came in a second after we were just shocked," he laughed, obviously proving that he's horrible without a script in his hand. I stifled a laugh at his hilarious lie and glanced towards Sam just in time to see him slightly throw his hands up in annoyance towards his older brother, bugging out his eyes.
        "Ah, yeah, I wondered what that loud sound was," I smiled, seeing Sam blush in embarrassment.
        "Poor mate's lost all control of his faculties," Harry sighed, patting his twin on the shoulder, receiving a subtle scowl along with a piercing glare. I decided that to play the part, you have to sell it. So I did.
        "Aw, such a shame, But to be honest, were you really in control of them in the first place....?" I asked in an unsure tone while Tom and Harrison stifled a snort, resulting in a small laugh coming from both of them.
        "If you want, I think I have some medicine-,"
        "No, no, I think I'll be fine," he answered through gritted teeth, letting out a fake smile.
         "So, how are you feeling?" Harry asked after a few seconds of silence that was filled with straight faces that tried to hide massive grins. I rubbed my head, taking another sip of my water that I had set on the counter.
        "A lot better thanks to that much-needed nap, thanks for being my pillow, Harrison," I smiled, causing him to blush. Honestly how could I have been so blind to this before? It was so obvious.