Chapter Twenty-Five- Sam

"I'm dating him, Sam."
          My eyes went wide, unable to believe what I was hearing. I mean yeah, I already knew they were dating, I was just shocked she was admitting it! I shook my head, trying to appear surprised by placing a dramatic look on my face, my eyes nearly bulging out of my skull.
        "Errr what?" I asked, letting out a laugh, proving that I definitely did not inherit the actor gene.
        "Yeah for around a week now and we've been keeping it a secret," she sighed, rubbing her temples in frustration.
        "Pfft whatttt?? No wayyyyyy," I replied, my voice raising in "surprise". She looked at me, her stare turning into a glare.
        "You knew," she gasped, her eyes going wide while pounding her fist on the counter in shock.
        "Whaaaaaat noooo I didn't!" I exclaimed, x-ing my arms back and forth and pfft'ing like there was no tomorrow, laughing nervously while sweat dripped down my forehead.
        "You're a horrible liar, Sam Holland," she chuckled, releasing a groan as she crossed her arms.
        "I know, I know," I sighed, disappointedly shaking my head, a smile crossing my lips as I brought my head back up to face her.
        "How'd you know?" she asked suspiciously, leaning against the edge of the counter. The sweat and jitters came back as I started chuckling again, not sure what to say.
        "How we know isn't important-"
        "Wait- 'we'?" she countered with a raised eyebrow, anger rising in her vocal chords while I began to have the need to breathe into a paper bag.
        "Yeah we all sorta know but anywa-"
        "HOW DO YOU GUYS KNOW SAM?" she demanded in a stern tone, causing me to let out a gulp as well as stutters.
        "That's not important but what's important is that you and Harrison are finally together!" I hurriedly exclaimed in a happy tone, trying to reduce the glare she was giving me.
        "Yayyyyy!" I cheered half-heartedly, my voice cracking as her death-stare only increased as I raised my arms.
        "Tell. Me. How," she spoke through gritted teeth, making me even more uneasy. I know she gets scary sometimes but wow, this was terrifying on a whole new level. I gulped, looking her up and down before clearing my throat and giving a meek answer.
        "We kinda maybe saw you two totally necking after we left," I told her in an unsure tone, my voice raising higher the more she stared me down. She threw her hands angrily up in the air, letting out a loud groan.
        "Wait, you guys were gone, how did you see us?" she asked, a perplexed expression replacing the furious one for a second. I scratched the back of my head, releasing a nervous laugh.
        "We mightttt have come back to your house to see how things were going for Haz since he was going to tell you how he felt and it was bad for us to do that yes but in our defense we were NOT expecting to find you two nearly shagging-"
         "WE WERE NOT SHAGGING SAM!" she yelled, her face flushing red.
         "You guys really are trying to push me over the edge aren't you?" she spat in a bitter tone, her eyes starting to well.
         "Y/n, come here," I smiled, kindly taking her by the arm and patting the barstool beside me, motioning her to sit down. She stubbornly did, obviously not wanting to.
         "Listen, Y/n. Harrison really really likes you, and when we came back, we were planning on spying a little, but to just see if things worked out. And well, guess they did," I laughed, getting a scoff and eyeroll in return.
        "But anyway, we were just so happy that he was going to really tell you, instead of you just eavesdropping and hearing it that way- hey, wait a second," I paused as something occurred to me, stroking my chin while a mischievous grin spread across my face.
        "You spied too!" I accused in a shocked tone, my eyes going wide as I pointed at her now guilty face.
        "That's hardly the same thing-" she tried to say, stopping as I waved my index finger in her face.
       "It's the EXACT same thing! Well, well, well, and I actually felt worse after that guilt-trip you just gave me, when really we've got blood on all our hands," I said with a raised eyebrow, folding my arms as I saw her gulp.
       "Fine, fine, guess you're right," she muttered sorely, folding her arms as she stubbornly stared at the floor.
       "But what's done is done. We all did things we really shouldn't have done so we should just forgive and forget. But really, there's no way Tom, Harry, or I are letting you or Haz forget what we saw you doing," I giggled, nudging her in the arm while her face only turned a deeper shade of pink.
      "Yeah, yeah, yeah," she sighed, glancing back up at me with a small smile.
      "It looked like you two were very, and I mean very happy together," I smirked, getting a soft punch in the arm along with a giggle.
      "Shut it, Holland," she spat, her small smile turning into a wide grin.
      "And yes, we were," she softly chuckled, the bright color draining from her face.
      "I'm glad, or should I say we're glad. We just wanted to check on Haz, that's all. We never meant to intrude on your 'alone time'," she let out a giggle as I said this, making me smile. I grabbed her hand, looking into her eyes.
      "And we all just care about you both so much, and we were so happy when we saw you together. Well, it took a moment to retrieve our sight," we both let out a shared laugh, bringing our gazes back to each other.
      "But all in all we are so grateful and happy that you two found each other, even if it took a little while to get there," I grinned, squeezing her hand while she did the same, a warm smile spreading across her lips.
      "We love you, Y/n. And we just want you to be happy, whether that's with Harrison or some other lucky guy, we're just happy that you're happy regardless, and I know Haz feels the same way," I beamed, our eyes twinkling as we stared softly at each other. She leaned over and cupped my face, giving me a kiss on the cheek that made me blush a tad.
       "I love you guys too, no matter how many incredibly stupid things you do," she grinned, releasing a laugh as she removed her hands from the side of my face. She hopped down from the stool, excitedly clasping her hands together.
       "Let's get to cooking this linguine!" she grinned, running back over to her previous chopping spot.
       "Well you can't properly cook without-" I paused, getting on my phone and tapping wildly, a grin spreading across both our faces as I pressed the final click. Music started to bleed out the kitchen speakers, making the volume nearly as loud as it could go.
       "THIS IS SO LOUD!" she yelled, smiling the whole time.
       "BUT SO FUN!" she exclaimed back, letting out a quiet laugh that in reality was normal, but with the noise it could barely be heard.
        We made dinner while dancing around, having the time of our lives. I'm so glad she's not mad at us for spying, even though she's allowed to be a tad peeved. The air between us is finally clear and everything is out in the open; our friendship has never been better.