Chapter Twenty-Four- Y/n

I let out a sigh, setting my never-ending pile of textbooks to the side. I got up and stretched, glad another day of catching up on my studies was finally over. Since I've had mono, I received an extension on all my current assignments, allowing me to complete them ten days after the due date. Although I was very thankful for this, I now felt the pressure of trying to get everything handed in on time.
        I'm majoring in graphic design so I can make the virtual sets actors film in, which I was primarily leaning towards until Tom, who is an actor, came in my life and kept telling me I'd "be so great at it" and that I'd "accomplish great things". Not just him but the others as well persuaded me to do it, giving me the final choice of course while still telling me that the major would suit me. They are my main supporters, and I couldn't be more thankful for their swaying opinions because I really am flourishing at it.
         For the whole day, all I've been studying for the past six hours are mathematical equations and codes revolving around graphic set design, and my brain was nearly numb from all the information. I shuffled my feet over to the sink, setting my empty coffee mug inside, letting out a yawn. I turned around, my eyes falling on the stove. As they readjusted they bugged out also upon seeing the time.
        "4:45?!" I yelled, my feet flying down the hall to my room. I shut the door, starting to pull out clothes, trying to find an outfit that would say, "Hi, I'm trying to be attractive without dating my best friend".
       "AHA!" I yelled in triumph, grabbing a maroon Swish Store hoodie that I couldn't remember if it was actually mine or one that I had snagged from one of the boys at some point.
       I ran to my dresser and grabbed a pair of ripped jeans, throwing the outfit on my bed. I saw my phone on my nightstand, picking it up to see if I got any notifications in the six hours I had been studying. My eyes went wide; I had around five missed calls from Haz along with a few texts. My mind went back and forth on if I had enough time to answer or not until coming up with an idea a few seconds later.
       I didn't have the chance to read what the texts had said so I thought I'd just send a general one in return. I tossed it on my bed, saying, "Hey Siri," a second later. The AI beeped as I put my outfit on the bed, telling me that it was ready for my request.
      "Send text to Haz," I told the phone, sliding off my sweatpants so I could get in the shower. A few seconds passed without a reply, making me more anxious.  
      "One moment," it suddenly spoke, causing me to groan.
      "I don't have a moment, Siri!" I yelled in frustration, pulling off my top and throwing it next to my pants.
      "What would you like to say?" the British-accented robot finally asked.
      "Sorry I missed your texts and calls, I have been studying all day and left my phone in my room. I can't read them because I have to get ready for tonight, hope everything is ok, see you at six" I replied, getting a beep in response. The lady AI repeated the message, asking if it was ready to be sent.
      "YES," I eagerly begged, knowing that it would've taken less time to actually text him myself.
      "Ok, it's sent." she said, causing me to let out a sigh of relief.
      "Good," I smiled, picking it up and turning it off, taking that as my cue to get in the shower.
        I got out ten minutes later, blow-drying my hair at rapid speed and then putting it in a ponytail, throwing on my clothes and heading out the door right after. It was now 20-till, which gave me a perfect amount of time to get a coffee on the way there. I happily sipped my iced mocha, pulling into the driveway with my other hand on the wheel five minutes later. I got out, taking a few deep breaths to prepare myself.
      "You got this, Y/n, you can do this. You just have to pretend he isn't your boyfriend, that's all. Not a big deal right? No, no it's definitely a big deal," I muttered to myself as I pressed the buttons on the keypad, letting myself in.
      "You just can't kiss him, or hold his hand, or hug him too much or flirt and agh who I am I kidding this is gonna be a disaster," I groaned, still talking in hushed tones to myself so my freaking-out wouldn't be heard inside. I took another deep breath, holding it in then letting it out as I twisted the knob, opening the door.
       "Hey Y/n!" Sam happily greeted from the barstool he was sitting on, waving his arm.
       "Hey! Whatcha looking at?" I asked with a smile, coming over next to him and sitting down, peering over his shoulder as I sipped on my coffee.
       "Special things to cook tonight to celebrate a healthy special girl," he grinned, looking back down at the phone in his hand.
       "Aww Sam!" I beamed while nudging him lovingly in the arm, setting my coffee on the counter.
       "Least I can do after getting you sick," he blushed, letting out a guilty half-smile.
       "Nah don't worry about it, I've chosen to just forget about it. Besides, one of you blokes will be in the same boat in a week or two so that's payment enough for me," I laughed.
       "Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it, but we're all kinda curious to see who got you sick," he chuckled, glancing back down at his phone.
        "I'm pretty curious too. I mean, all of you could really be sick honestly. Because you could've had it, not known about it and then gave it to me and I gave it to the others," I pondered, scratching my chin until something dawned on me.
        "Oh great, if that happens that means there won't be anyone to take care of you, which means I'll have to," I groaned, burying my face in my hands then bringing them to the side, letting out a laugh.
       "You know we do have a mom, and Harrison," he laughed, making me uncomfortable. I have to remember that according to them, I didn't kiss him.
       "Oh, right. I forgot about him," I said, trying to act as normal as I could.
       "Speaking of the others, where are they?" I asked, turning my head, looking around.
       "Well Harry's at mum and dad's grabbing one of his cameras, he said he should be back soon; Tom's taking Tessa for a run; and Harrison's out at the store," he answered, continuing to scroll through his Instagram feed. I let out a groan at hearing where my boyfriend was.
       "He's not getting beer is he?" I whined, both of us releasing a shared laugh.
       "No, no, we all decided that because of how a little too much alcohol affected us last time, we would take a break and be sober," he explained with a smile. I dramatically slapped my hand over my heart, letting out an "awwww".
       "You guys are giving up the wonderful feeling of being hungover for meeee? Awww that's so nice of you!" I laughed, putting my hand on his shoulder.
       "Well we don't want an incident like the last to happen again for awhile so we thought it would be good to give you a break," he smiled, looking back down at his phone.
       "That's good because either that or I'd need a raise," I chuckled, peering once again over his shoulder.
       "You don't get paid," he said quizzically, releasing a laugh.
       "Exactly," I stated, both of us exchanging a giggle.
        After around 15 minutes of catching up after a week or so of not seeing each other, we started making dinner, settling on linguine (just to tease Harry of course) and chopped salad. It was nice to hang with Sam just like old times, I've missed it.
      "So," he spoke after a few minutes of silence, dicing tomatoes.
      "Hm?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the onions I was chopping.
      "Have you thought about what happened last week?" he asked, causing me to immediately become tense. I tried to hide it by letting out a small laugh, failing at maintaining my cool.
      "Uh yeah actually," I admitted, releasing a sigh while I glanced at Sam, who wiped a shocked look off his face as soon as I saw it.
      "Why?" I countered, picking up a handful of onion bits and tossing them in the bowl.
       "I don't know, I was just wondering I guess since I got you to admit that you knew he liked you last week. And since you've been sick and he's the only one that's gone over, no one's really had a chance to talk about it," he shrugged, picking up a watery handful of tomatoes and putting them on top of my onions.
       "Ah I see. I mean," I gulped, trying to find a plausible excuse but failing.
      "Agh I can't do this," I sighed, wiping my hands on my pants, leaning against the countertop to face him.
      "Y/n what do yo-"
      "I'm dating him, Sam."