Chapter Twenty-Six- Harrison

I pulled in the driveway, seeing Y/n's car next to the spot I parked. I let out a sigh, remembering the little game we had to play tonight. I got out, grabbing the two bags from the store out of the trunk and heading inside. I had bought some groceries for the house, just the necessities that we happened to be out of, and a bottle of champagne. I had tried to call Y/n probably a half a dozen times, trying to tell her the good news when she never answered.
        I got a text from her 20 minutes later while I was strolling by the isle containing various types of alcohol, saying that she had been studying for the whole day and didn't see my texts. I decided that in front of all the others, I would ask her to be my girlfriend, this time it being public. I only grabbed one bottle, not wanting to disobey the rule Tom instilled where we wouldn't drink to excess for a while when she's around.
         The look on all their faces will be priceless, especially hers since she didn't call back to see what I was planning. A smile spread across my face as I walked in the door, Tessa immediately greeting my heels.
         "Hi girl!" I exclaimed in an over-enthusiastic tone, getting a smile from Y/n, who was in the kitchen cooking with Sam. I set my bags down and pet her, standing back up to see my girlfriend's grinning face, then immediately looking at me with normal-sized pupils.
         "Hey Haz!" she greeted, stirring a pot full of something steamy. I put on an average smile, trying to appear as if she was just still my friend, nothing more.
         "Hey Y/n!" I smiled back, picking up my bags and setting them on the island counter. 
         "Ooo what'd ya get?" she asked, pointing her elbow towards the bag while she continued stirring. I looked through the contents of the bag, pulling out each item and naming them off as I did so. I took a quick deep breath, grabbing the champagne and putting it on the counter. Her eyes went wide, a small smile spreading across her lips that I wanted to kiss so badly.
         "And what's that for?" she inquired with a grin, nodding towards the bottle. I let out a laugh, picking it up and inspecting the label.
         "Later," I answered with a smirk, a confused expression spreading across her face.
        "Ooo champagne," Sam exclaimed, pointing at the bottle as he came out of the pantry, his hands full of all sorts of spices.
        "What's the special occasion?" he asked with a smirk, glancing towards Y/n then back at me.
        "Later," I answered with a smug smile, getting perplexed expressions in return.
        "Man of mystery I see," Y/n giggled, turning off the burner. Tom and Harry came in a few seconds later, sniffing around.
        "Oooo what's cooking?" Tom asked, grinning as he saw Y/n taking the pot over to the sink.
        "Linguine," she smirked, flashing a mischievous glance towards Harry, whose eyes rolled right on que.
        "Agghhhhh," he groaned, slapping his forehead in disdain.
        "Ayeee it's Linguine from Ratatouille," I laughed, pointing at Harry.
        "Yeah, yeah, yeah. See, look, Y/n's been back an hour and she's already causing problems, usually it's the other way around," he chuckled, letting out a sigh.
        "And I did it just for you," she grinned cheekily just to annoy the Linguine lookalike.
        Dinner was finished shortly after and wow it was hard to not look at Y/n more than normal. Her hair was back in a ponytail, moving around every time she did; and the Swish Store sweatshirt that she had on I think was mine at one point. I always found it cute when she stole my hoodies, even before I liked her. After she comes over sometimes, the guys and I like to laugh about whose sweatshirt she happened to wear that night, and when the last time we can last remember owning it was. Stealing hoodies isn't just a boyfriend thing, it's a boy-friend thing too.
       Throughout dinner, I happened to spot Sam glancing between Y/n and I, the small smirk on his face disappearing the second he noticed I saw it. A while after we cleared off the table and sat around talking, the guys caught up with Y/n since the last time they saw her. I could tell she was finding it hard to come up with excuses as to what filled her time while she was sick and after she got better, and I just enjoyed the fun.
         Normally I would've jumped in and tried to save her from their seemingly thought-out inquiries, but she didn't know that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend in front of everyone soon so I thought it would be okay to watch her trying not to stutter or seem nervous. It was quite interesting to hear how the fake Y/n spent her week, which was binging Netflix everyday until she got better then working on homework for four days when she started to feel back to normal.
        To keep up appearances, she told about the four or so times I came over, when really it was nearly everyday. Although the boys thought it was only a few times because I made up other excuses as to why I was headed out those days instead of telling them where I was really going. Later on in the evening I decided that it was about time to pull out the champagne and get the real party started.
         I got up from my seat and grabbed it and three glasses from the cabinet when the boys were talking about situations that Y/n's gotten them out of, laughing quietly to myself at the charming anecdotes. I brought the items over to the table, everyone's eyes averting towards me as I set them down.
        "Sam, would you go get the rest of the glasses?" I asked, nodding towards the other two that were already pulled out and set on the counter for another trip.
        "Yeah sure," he replied, coming back over with them a second after.
        "I'm guessing it's 'later'?" Y/n smiled, sharing a small laugh with Sam.
        "It is indeed," I answered with a grin, shooting her a discreet wink that no one else seemed to notice while I handed the bottle to Tom.
        "You do the honors, mate." I smiled, getting one in return.
        "I'll try," he laughed, sticking the bottle out in front of his body. A loud popping noise was heard a second later and fizzing liquid dripped down the bottle as Tom set it on the table, licking his fingers. I poured some into each glass and handed them to everyone, getting an even more perplexed expression from Y/n.
        "To friends; reunited with each other after a far too long week of no excitement at all due to Y/n's absence," I grinned while the others laughed.
        "And to Y/n; who I just want to say is the best person on earth for having the incredible amount of patience she possesses to deal with us drunken blokes day and night at our beck and call," I chuckled softly, while the others did the same, preparing myself for what I was about to say next.
        I took a deep breath, finding it hard to believe that the second time around was going to be harder than the first. Well, that's probably because I'm doing it in front of my best mates this time and not just one person, while that person is still the one I'm most nervous about even though she's already accepted my invitation to be her boyfriend.
        "While still having enough patience to deal with me. Y/n, you're my best mate, sorry Tom," I added with a laugh, getting a fakely hurt expression.
         "No, no it's fine, I'll get over it." he said through fake sniffles, pretending to wipe his eyes while letting out a smile.
         "But you have shown me over these past seven years what it's like to live life to the fullest; something that I always thought could be filled by good acting roles or a decent paycheck. When in reality, those things have never mattered, the small things do. Things like never-ending amounts of ridiculous polaroids taken at 2am or laughing until we can't feel our sides then laughing MORE because of that; those are the things that make up your life. And with you in mine, I never have to worry about getting too big of an ego because you'll always be there to talk me down back to earth and make me remember the important things in life. I've summed those up as three things; laughing until you fall over crying, smiling until you can't feel your face, and recording those moments; all three of which I have never experienced more than when I am with you." I let out a small laugh, glancing at the floor then back up at her stunned face, noticing her eyes start to well.
         "You have changed my life, Y/n. And without you in it I would be completely lost, we would be completely lost. No matter what happens, I will make sure that you are always in my life; as my best mate or maybe something more. I love you Y/n; as a little sister, as my best mate, and definitely as something more. I really, really like you, and have felt that way for awhile, and I don't know if you'll ever feel the same and if you don't, that's okay because I would never let that hinder our friendship and I know you wouldn't either." I blushed, clearing my throat, nearly shaking at the next words I was about to say even though they've already briefly been spoken before.
         "Y/n Y/l/n, I know this seems awfully sudden and forward, but I've been anxiously waiting this past week on pins and needles to see if you'd say something about what you overheard, but you never did. Well, you did to Sam, but that's the last you talked about it. I would ask you to consider liking me back but that seems like it would be an odd thing to do but-" I was interrupted by her suddenly standing up, staring me straight in the face.
         Everyone looked up at her in surprise, wondering what she was doing. I, however, had no clue what was going on either and was taken back in shock as she walked around the table to come in front of me. She gazed at me with bright hazel eyes, taking my hands in her own.
          "I don't have to consider anything." she stated, letting out a massive grin as she leaned in and kissed me. Cheers were heard as I kissed her back, deepening it.
          "ABOUT TIME!" Tom happily yelled as we parted. We looked around, grins on everyone's faces.
          "Wait, we have champagne!" Harry laughed, holding up his glass. Sam handed Y/n hers and I continued holding mine, all of us beaming at each other.
          "To my loves; old and new. I love you guys," Y/n grinned, gesturing to the others then to me.
          "CHEERS!" we all yelled in unison, clinking our glasses and taking a sip of the sparkling liquid.
          "It's good to be back," Y/n grinned, releasing a sigh as she looked at each of us, bringing her gaze back to mine.
           We stood there, arms around each other's backs while gazing into each other's eyes; not scared of what the future holds because we know that we'll all always be together, no matter what.