Chapter Twenty-Two- Harrison

"Really Harrison? You had to think that you were ok to come home without checking yourself?" I muttered to myself, using a wet washcloth to wipe off the lipstick. I let out a smile, remembering how it got there.
       "Speaking of the devil," I sighed under my breath, a grin sweeping across my lips, picking up my ringing phone.
       "Hello there, love," I cheerily greeted, pressing the speaker button as I wiped off the small remnants of makeup.
       "Hey so we kinda have a problem," she said in a slightly frantic tone, trying to stay calm but failing.
       "And that would be...?" my voice trailed off as I threw the washcloth in the hamper, feeling a tad victorious when it landed inside instead of on the floor beside it.
      "The boys want me to come over tomorrow," she sighed while I let out a shrug, not seeing a problem.
      "So?"
      "So that means we're supposed to act like we're not dating when we are and I'm freaking out," she stated hurriedly.
      "Relax, we're already best mates so it'll be easy, we just have to show the same amount of affection towards each other before we started dating. It'll be fineeee," I assured, waving it off as no big deal.
      "I suppose."
      "Exactly, it'll be fine, don't worry. Although it might be hard; you're just gonna have to restrain yourself when you're around me," I told her coyly, putting the phone on the nightstand so I could get undressed.
      "Oh please it's more like the other way around," she scoffed, letting out a laugh.
      "Last time I checked I wasn't the one who left lipstick all over my neck," I countered, throwing my sweatshirt in the hamper, making another basket.
      "Oh, right," she giggled embarrassedly, still obviously a tad proud of her work.
      "You wiped that off right?" she asked nervously while I let out a laugh, shaking my head.
      "Nope, Tom told me I had 'pizza sauce' on my neck and once I figured out what it really was I became a tad speechless," I smiled, nudging my pants to the side while I slipped on some sweatpants to take their place.
      "Hazzzzzz they're gonna knoooooow," she whined, a laugh lingering on her vocal chords.
      "It didn't seem like it," I told her, grabbing my phone and pulling back the covers on my bed with my other hand.
       "Tom's an award-winning actor, you do know that right?" she asked, allowing a small laugh to slip out.
      "Well yes, but he's bad without a script," I admitted, getting into bed, letting out a sigh as my back hit the comfortable pillows.
      "You have a point. But what about the others? Have they acted like something's up?"
      "No, not really. Harry's almost always glued to his phone, camera, or computer screen whenever I get home, so not much comes out of him. Sam's almost always asleep and Tuwaine's gone so no, I don't think they know," I answered, pulling the covers up over my bare chest.
      "That's good. Don't worry, as soon as you find out that things would be the same if we dated we'll tell them. How's that coming by the way?" she asked, causing me to let out a fake eye roll.
      "Well I've been gone at someone's house so much that I haven't really had the chance to bring it up," I laughed, receiving one in return.
      "Right," she giggled, making me smile.
      "Well, you sound tired so you should go sleep," she said, releasing a sigh.
      "Yeah I just got into bed."
      "Wish I was there," she stated dreamily, stopping herself short.
      "W-well not there per say I mean just with you, not in bed with you," she stuttered, laughing nervously which only made me smile at her dorkiness.
      "And you say I'm adorkable," I chuckled.
      "Whatever," she sighed, letting out a genuine laugh.
      "Well, I'm gonna go to sleep I think, what time are you coming over tomorrow?" I asked, rubbing my forehead. 
      "Six."
      "Ok cool, I'll see you then."
      "And try to keep your hands to yourself, Osterfield," she giggled, causing me to snicker.
      "I should be saying that to you," I countered, getting a small giggle in return along with a yawn.
      "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll see you tomorrow, Haz," she said warmly, wearing a smile that I knew was there.
      "See you then, goodnight."
      "Goodnight."
      "Looooove youuuu," she giggled, making me grin.
      "Love you tooooo," I replied with a chuckle.
       We hung up, letting out sighs in unison even though we didn't know it. We couldn't believe that any of this was happening, and even though we were keeping this big of a secret from our friends, neither of us wanted to. We were just scared that if we lose each other we'll lose everyone else, which would mean losing a part of ourselves too.