Oneshot 3: Nightmares

A/n This oneshot was requested by XxXrylie_loserXxX. Sorry, I went with angst. I hope you like it! Tw: semi blood I guess?

Dream POV

I woke up, shrouded in darkness. I looked around, confused. 'Where am I?' I tried to examine the place around me closer, to no avail. It was too dark to make out anything. It seemed to be an endless void.

I said the only thing I could think of. "G... George? Sap... Nap?" Why did I stutter? I wasn't scared, right?

Ok, maybe a little bit. But whatever.

I didn't realize how silent it was until I heard noise.

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

It was George's voice? It started as whispers I couldn't decode, before becoming louder.

"Y'know, I don't care about you. I never did."

Sapnap's voice joined in on the hatred.

"We hate you."

No. 'They care about me. Right? I felt a tear fall down my cheek. They don't love me? Who am I kidding. I knew it. No one cares.' I just fell apart in the darkness, George and sapnap's voices ricocheting off the non-existent walls.

George's POV

"Dream?" I shook him a bit in an attempt to wake him. "I'm sure he'll be fine" Sapnap remarked, walking in from the bathroom, causing me to look up at him.

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed back. I looked back down at Dream. My eyes widened as I see tears start to roll down his cheeks. "What's wrong?" Sapnap said, walking towards me with concern, frowning when he saw Dream.

"Dream? Dream wake up." He curled up in a ball and hugged his chest. "Dream!" Sapnap exclaimed while I shook him roughly. His eyes shot open and darted around the room, starting to gasp for air.

I tried to calm him down as Sapnap grabbed Dream's hand. "Dream. Shh. Your ok." He looked at me and I pulled him into a hug.

His breathing slowed as he bawled, trying to say something.

"Do- do you- h-hate me?"

I was taken aback from the question. "Dream, of course I don't hate you." I tried to soothe him. The streams of tears seemed to slow as Sapnap and I cuddled into him.

I wiped the water from his eyes and he sat up. "I- I'm so-rry I worrie-d you." He said, his voice hiccuping.

I wanted to cheer him up. "Say, how about we go downstairs and eat breakfast?" He nodded his head a little before getting up on shaky legs.

Sapnap got ahead of us to start cooking. We walked in as he was warming up a pan.

Dream POV

'So they don't hate me? No. They were lieing. No one would love me. Even if someone did, I wouldn't deserve it. I look hideous.'

Sapnap placed a plate in front of me- a stack of pancakes lathered in syrup- but I just stared at it. I shouldn't eat it. I'm already fat. "I'm n-ot hungr-y." I lied to the best of my ability.

Ok, well, maybe you should go upstairs and change." George said with a frown. I think he could tell I was lieing but thought it was because of what happened a few minutes ago.

(Sapnap is speedy pancake cooker)

I headed towards our room and looked in the closet. I grabbed a big, green hoodie and a pair of loose jeans before going to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. Cuts covered my upper arms and legs. It was the only way I knew how to deal with the pain. I sighed, looking for my blade, but I couldn't find it. That's odd. I blew it off and changed into the clothes I selected and grabbed a brush, trying to untangle my hair, to no avail. I brushed my teeth and went back downstairs.

Sapnap and George were muttering among themselves but immediately stopped when they heard me get closer to them. They were probably talking about how much they hate me.

"Hey Dream, can we talk?" Sapnap gestured for me to sit next to him and George. "Oh, um. Sure." 'I bet they're going to break up with me now because I'm such a crybaby.'

I sat down and realized George was holding something. Fuck. It was my knife. His hands and voice were shaking as he spoke. "What's this..."
I could tell he already knew the answer. I looked down at my lap.

He dropped the blade and he and Sapnap grabbed me, pulling me into an inescapable hug. "Don't fucking do that again, please." Sapnap shook.

I sat there with tears streaming down my face as they repeatedly told me how much they loved me. George stopped and had a goofy grin on his face. He must've thought of something.

"You guys wanna get fro-yo?" He said happily. "Fuck ya!" Sapnap's response made me chuckle. "Yeah. I know a place near by." The two guys sitting next to me jumped up off the couch and ran out the door. I got up and made my way outside, smiling.

"I call shotgun!" I yelled, hearing a pout from George. "Fiiiinnneee. I'll sit in the back." I got in and we drove to the fro-yo place. After collecting our treats, we went to the park by our house. We spent the afternoon joking around and eating our fro-yo. When we got home, we cuddled on the couch and watched a movie, of which I fell asleep to.

Maybe people do care about me.

927 words
______________________________________

A/n Almost 1k words! This took a while to write because I lost some motivation partly through but finished it today! Also, already over 400 reads?! That's great! I'm in the process of making a schedule so my uploads here are odd, but stick around!