1- Remember When We Met

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
-
Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever

"I can't believe you're going to eat that." Hannah chuckled, eyeing the funnel cake that was resting in my hands.

"It's a fair, Han, you're supposed to eat like this." I laughed, taking a big bite of the powdered sugar covered dough and licking my fingers.

"Let me have some." Aaron whined, holding out his large hand with a puppy dog face, his sandy blonde hair waving over his eyes.

I smiled, showing my pearly whites (The advantage of having a dentist father) and picked up a piece of the funnel cake, one with a lot of powdered sugar on it. "Sure, Aaron." I cooed at one of my best friends, bringing the piece of dough up to his mouth but instead of putting it in his mouth, I shoved it onto his nose, making a big white mess on his face. Our whole group of friends, about seven of us, burst into laughter at the sight of Aaron's shocked, messy face. But without a second thought, he wiped the powder off of his nose and then licked his finger.

"Thanks." He said smugly. I crinkled my nose at him in disgust but didn't say anything.

"We should ride the swings." Amy squealed, pointing to the rides behind me.

I spun around, my loose golden brown curls bouncing around my face as my eyes searched the rides for the swings. The sun was setting so the rides were starting to put their lights on, the whole lane of rides were dancing with colorful lights and sounds. From the swings, ferris wheel, the drop tower, the mega slide, and then into the kiddie rides. Not to mention the creepy fun house.

As I turned my attention back to my friends, I noticed another group of teenagers near us, only the group was made up of about five guys. Most of the guys were really cute. Muscular, tall, and tan. But one of them stuck out to me as he, with the rest of his friends, burst into laughter. I could see his breath taking smile and his jet black hair bounce in front of his eyes, eyes that were either a bright green or some kind of blue, but he was too far away for me to really tell. His rounded nose was covered in a light layer of freckles and I could see his abs bouncing with laughter through his Cleveland Browns hoodie. Okay, so I couldn't see his abs because he was wearing a stupid hoodie, but I could tell that they were there, dancing with his laughter. Perfectly. When the said stranger stopped laughing, he stood up straight again and then his mystery eyes looked up, landing on me. Staring at him. Like a creep. But his gaze on me made me incapable of movement, I couldn't look away. It was like he knocked the wind out of me with just one look. Until he smiled, flashing me his perfectly white, straight teeth. I turned back around faster than a blink of an eye and I'm sure I let out a surprised squeal.

Once  I focused back into my group, Amy and Chris were arguing against weather we should ride the swings or the tea cups.

"Why don't we just ride both?" I asked, with somewhat of a stutter.

"Because it's about to rain, we don't have time." Marissa explained, twirling her brown hair with two of her fingers.

"I say we ride the swings." I spoke up.

"Of course you would agree with Amy." Chris huffed.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "I just want to ride the swings."

"Well maybe Chris wouldn't want to ride the tea cups so much if Jade wasn't working right now." Tanya said smugly, causing Chris's face to flush to an all new level of red and everyone else to burst into laughter once more.

"Hey, Maggie." Amy said to me after we all sobered up.

"Yeah?" I looked up at her, but her eyes were fixed on something over my shoulder.