Chapter Eighteen: Damsel Not In Distress

Dempsey walked towards the generator room - deliberately taking his time. He had decided to tackle the teleporter there first; and it allowed him to stay nearby Kiana if she needed him. His ears were constantly on alert for her in case she hollered. He would come running and it would give him the opportunity to punch Richtofen again. Something he always enjoyed getting to do.

He always got angry whenever Richtofen made them do the lackey work - he resented being ordered around by that kraut. But the sun was shining at least and Dempsey knew Kiana would not spend a second longer than necessary around the German. She would be back to help him soon.

Still, he dragged his feet while mumbling to himself as he kicked large stones that peppered the path. Dempsey felt frustrated that he was powerless to keep Kiana away from Richtofen. He knew Richtofen was making excuses to keep her close by - but what could he actually do about that?

"Stupid Richtofen, he fuckin thinks he can just order us around. He's such a creep around Kiana. I hope she's okay", Dempsey thought dejectedly to himself.

It was clear he felt inadequate that he could not truly stand up to Richtofen. No one had any idea of the real extent of what was going on until they could get another meeting together with Kiana. For now, they were just biding their time until the next destination. They wanted to see if her prediction would be correct. Then, they could plan how they were going to confront Richtofen.

"Once it's all properly explained we'll be able to put an end to this bullshit", Dempsey thought.

Everyone felt hope that Kiana could help them escape their previously unavoidable fate. And it was that hope that not only kept them going but also gave them something to look forward to. They wanted to make sure Richtofen's plans where cut short.

Dempsey walked into the building but instead of turning left to the generators he felt compelled to walk to the nearby mystery box first. The blue glow of the box called to him like a siren - and he was powerless to resist a chance at getting the raygun.

"Fuck it, why not", Dempsey said aloud as he spun the box.

The box cycled through its contents as he could hear muffled voices rumbling underneath the melody. Dempsey gingerly peered through the broken barrier which looked out towards the speed cola machine. He gasped as he saw Richtofen and Kiana in a heated conversation but he was too far away to make out any distinct words.

Suddenly, he watched Richtofen back Kiana up against the wall. But a small thought crept up which persuaded him to quietly continue watching. He stared at Richtofen's back as he tried to make out Kiana's face which was slightly obscured by Richtofen's shoulder. The gut feeling came to fruition as he watched Kiana's look of horror turn to pure anger as even he felt the rage radiating from her. It definitely took Dempsey by surprise but he kept watching on tenterhooks as to how this was going to play out.

Kiana leaned forward to whisper something into Richtofen's ear before he stepped back. They then swivelled to the side still attached to each other. Dempsey could now see the look of horror Richtofen's face. Dempsey stifled a laugh as he found it hilarious to see the German so terrified of a small woman. Once Kiana began to back up away from Richtofen; it allowed Dempsey could see the cause of a Richtofen's look of terror.

She was pointing his own pistol at his manhood. Dempsey was caught between laughing but the thought of her ever doing it to him wiped the smile that began to appear. Kiana was terrifying in this state but Dempsey still found this badass side attractive - terrifying, but attractive nonetheless. He just looked on in disbelief as he continued to watch the scene unfold.