Chapter Thirty-Five: Feelings Laid Bare

Suddenly, the electric mist evaporated as I realised I was standing in Samantha's room - in its demonic form. I looked around - conscious of my limited time - before I found and grabbed the film reel nearby. I figured it would be important to have; even if it played the same film as the game.

I was quickly plunged back into the blinding light before it cleared again and I was now in the projector room. Richtofen was sitting on the edge of his desk waiting for me.

"What the heck did you that to Primis for?! Why are we here?" I barked at him in annoyance.

Richtofen had already clipped his MP40 to his belt as he got up and sauntered towards me. His eyes were full of something I had never seen before.

But before I could figure out exactly what it was; he pushed me against the wall as I felt the force of him against me. I was backed up against the window next to the projector that looked out onto the stage.

"Richtofen! What the heck are you doing?" I shouted as I lashed out and tried to break myself free.

It quickly became clear my attempts were futile as I stopped protesting and looked up at him. There was a look of madness that was being held back by this new expression I had never seen on his face.

"Richtofen...?" I whispered in confusion - quietly hoping he would snap out of it.

I was unsure how to act in this situation. In this state, he was wild and unpredictable.

"Kiana..." Richtofen's voice trailed off as he whispered my name.

His eyes were wild and manic as they fell down to my lips. His mouth twisted into a sly grin as I felt cold with panic. I froze as I anticipated his next move. He suddenly lifted a hand towards my face causing me to jerk and flinch.

I felt him tangle his fingers through my still damp hair - much like the last time he did it. I looked up at him as he gazed into my eyes in a heady hypnotic trance. His wild eyes were now subdued and dreamy. My eyes darted to his mouth as I noticed him now smiling. It was not the menacing smirk we had all become accustomed to - it was a small, sweet, inward smile.

His eyes became hooded as he began to lean in closer to me. His hands trembled as he pressed me against him tightly. One hand began to stray from my waist as it shakily made its way up my back. My body went rigid with shock and panic. Still, the sounds of gunfire and the undead continued to erupt below us. Richtofen had decided to lure me back to his office for this while everyone was fighting for their lives.

Before his lips could brush against mine; I quickly reached for my pistol. Richtofen's look of enchantment quickly turned to anger as his eyes narrowed and his smile turned to a grimace. Before I could even unholster my pistol; he had already grabbed my wrist.

"NEIN! Not now!" He snapped as he grabbed the pistol and unloaded the bullets.

The shells sparkled in the light as each one fell to the floor with a ring. I looked up at him in shock as he then proceeded to throw the gun across the room.

"Jou cannot even allow me zhis moment?" He sneered with irritation and disappointment.

My shocked expression turned to a frown as I glared back at him.

"No! Everyone's fighting to stay alive down there and you choose to do THIS? NOW OF ALL TIMES?!" I shouted back angrily.

"Why the hell are you doing this doctor?" I snarled as I demanded a reason.

Instead, I received only silence from him as he reached down into one of his jacket pockets. I braced myself thinking it was a weapon.