Twelve

Per usual, you sense him before you see him. Stepping off of the island-hopper you walk toward the place where he typically retrieves you on his speeder bike. Every damn time your eyes meet after any length of absence, you feel like you'll be knocked flat on your back. He's gorgeous, a devil carved from marble. His striking features come alive with all that simmers beneath the surface. You haven't even greeted him yet and you're feeling the first signs of impending arousal. You can only imagine how your awkward overthinking of each step must look. As he wraps his arm around your waist and takes your chin in his fingers, tipping your head back, you don't try to hide your desire. Heat radiates from your skin.

"I've missed you," he says, knowing exactly how the deep tones of his voice will affect you.

"Kylo," you breathe as your knees give out slightly below you.

He supports you, smiling knowingly as he lifts you up and swings you onto the back of the speeder. He climbs on in front of you. As he speeds off, you rest your head on his back, wrapped around him and breathing in his intoxicating scent. You are fully addicted to this man. And it's not just physically. You are starting to lose focus of your old life. The time you spend with him makes everything else seem dull.

"Climb onto my back," he says, after parking. "I'll carry you inside."

You are grateful that you don't need to use your legs yet. Once you get through the door you see that there's a meal waiting at the table. He carries you over, crouching to let you climb down. You take a seat, fixing your windblown hair as he adjusts the lighting and then joins you. The food looks fantastic and it's a good enough distraction from wanting to jump his bones that you'll have time to talk.

"This looks amazing!" You say, digging in.

Casually, with your mouth full, you begin to tell him about your day.

"Everything is copacetic at the club. Mo is loving the extra shifts and she's got a friend who might shadow her a bit and see if it's a good fit." Chewing and swallowing you continue, "Once I get that sorted out I'll have no problem leaving for a while."

"Excellent," he says. "I was able to analyze the dart from yesterday's attack. It's a simple enough construction, standard tranq cartridge but it looks like our bounty hunter likes to add his own signature to his darts. There was a red snake etched onto it."

"That will give us something to show the regulars at Gorki's! If someone knows something, that's where they'll be."

You pause to take a bite.

"I asked Kaav..." you hesitate, noticing how Kylo tensed at the name. "Yeah so, Kaav said," again with the tensing. "Wait, wait... are you jealous?" You ask teasingly.

"Of course not," he says between clenched teeth.

"Sure... anyway, he said he gets a lot of offworld traffic through his shop and based on the fact that almost all of his shadiest clientele is either on their way to or from Gorki's, he agreed that it is the best place to start. He actually offered to go with us and help with the questioning..."

"NO!" Kylo says, forcefully enough to confirm your suspicions.

You can't help but snicker into your plate at his behavior. You know that he knows full well that you broke off your sexual relationship with Kaav right after you met. You hear him clear his throat and watch him clenching and unclenching his fist. Your smirk falls off your face at the sight.

"I'm going to punish you for that," he says.

Picking up the hint, you reply, "Please, I meant no harm... Supreme Leader Ren."