Twenty

The transport carries you through Galactic City as you cling to its roof, wind whipping your hair, adrenaline from the fight coursing through your body. After several minutes and some distance, with no tail in sight, the three of you leap off as the transport passes an elevated walkway. Tucking and rolling, you land several meters below, rising quickly to shake off the impact.

Wasting no time, you jog off of the bridge, ducking down the closest alley. Kylo turns, focused, as he watches the entrance to the alley. Rey pulls a canteen and a cloth out of her bag and hands them to you. You stare at the cloth, confused for a moment until you realize you must have blood on you just as she does. Wetting it you swipe the cloth across your face staining it red. The sight of it makes you acutely aware of the copper smell, causing you to gag.

When you finish cleaning your face, you move to pull your shirt off but are interrupted by shooting pain causing you to cringe and suck in your breath through your teeth. The fabric of your shirt is stuck to the wound on your shoulder, forcing you to painfully peel it off. Grinding your teeth, you splash water from the canteen onto it and dab your wound with the clean end of the cloth, wiping away bits of fabric that had stuck to your congealed blood.

Kylo is watching you with a concerned expression. Rey passes you a bacta patch, which you apply before turning your shirt and jacket inside out in an attempt to conceal the spatter stains. After cleaning herself up, Rey reaches over and wipes a drop of blood you'd missed from your collarbone.

Without so much as a word, you step out of the alley one at a time, joining a mass of pedestrians, meeting their pace, and attempting to blend in. You weave your way through the bustling business district, keeping a distance from them and doing your best to shield your face from any surveillance that might be used to track you. You keep your eyes on Kylo's back as he leads the way. You watch, confused, as he approaches a taxi stand, climbs in one and takes off alone, heading east. Rey jumps in another one and it zips off heading west. Taking the cue, you approach the next taxi in line and after presenting your false passport you send it north.

After a few minutes of near silence your comlink beeps, startling you, it's Rey.

"There's a café near where we left the ship, just past the taxi stand, meet us there at 1600."

The com cuts before you can respond. Checking the time, you see that you have roughly three hours to kill. It should be easy enough to fill the time. First you'd purchase a change of clothes and find a place to properly clean up. It seems ridiculous to try to imagine what you'd do if you were simply on vacation but you try anyway, craving the distraction.

On a planet like Coruscant the possibilities are endless but you are in need of something that will help you keep your panic in check. An idea strikes and after locating the closest option, you have the taxi drop you off on level 4987 near the entrance of Gallery Row. You find an upscale shop selling human clothing and purchase a green high-necked sweater and a leather jacket. As you finish paying you ask to use their refresher.

"Employees only," comes a curt reply from the clerk.

Waving your hand in front of them, you say, "I'm afraid I must insist."

Their expression goes blank and they hand you a key.

Winding your way through a stockroom you find the cramped closet housing a toilet and a floor length mirror. You stare at your reflection, the blood has been wiped away but you notice a slight stain on your skin. Your heart rate increases as you are flooded once again by the memories of the decapitated body crashing to the ground before you. The sound of Jakarn's head hitting the floor echoes through your mind as you recall the grotesque expression it wore as it rolled past your feet.