introduction.

"i don't know any perfect people - only really really flawed people who are still worth loving." - john green

Our story starts with 17 year old, Serenity Height. Born and raised in Mystic Falls. On the eyes, she seemed beautiful... on the inside? Not so beautiful. 2 months ago, her parents were mauled by a vicious animal in the woods at a local bonfire the council was holding. For something so nightmarish like this to happen, Serenity often found herself questioning what sort of animal could've done this. Who am I supposed to be without my parents? She asks herself. Everyday. I'm a lost cause.

These string of events bring us to Serenity's previous long-term relationship of 3 years, with the mayor's son, Tyler. You could say she needed him... too much. It pushed him away.

"You're beautiful, you've got a genuinely good heart and an amazing mind... but it's disintegrating. I'm sorry."

The exact words of Tyler Lockwood. It crushed her. In spite of everything they had been through, he didn't fail to mercilessly stomp on her heart. And the sad thing is... she convinced herself that her whole life is just a hellish nightmare and she's going to wake up soon. The sad truth? It's not. It's reality.

All she really needs is someone to patch up the hurt.

~

a/n: i'm new to wattpad and i have been sat here for half an hour dwelling on what to write a story about hahaha, i knew it was going to be a klaus love story because i honestly really really love him :-) but yeah, sorry for a lot of description it's just the story can't really start without a not-so-basic recap of serenity's life and shizzzzzz. btw the picture is her :-) thankyou <3