6

Reaching his room, he knocked on the door to find it slightly ajar, and pushing it open, Arthit stepped into the room.

The sight that greeted him was something completely unexpected.

The entire room was lit up by candles all around, and Kongpob stood in the middle, surrounded by the warm glow of the candlelight, smiling like he was given the sun and moon.

Stunned, Arthit could only stare.

"Kong!" Arthit gasped, seeing the effort Kongpob put for his sake. The room was easily lit up by 50-60 candles, which Arthit noticed were the LED ones and thanked God that they were not the real ones.

Walking into the room, he looked around in awe, stunned by the ethereal glow. And amidst the golden glow, Kongpob looked like a chiseled statue standing still.

"How? When?" Arthit asked, dumbfound.

"Like it, P?" Kongpob asked, lifting his hand, and Arthit grabbed it as he came closer.

"I love it! But Kong! Why? Why take so much trouble?"

"For you, I can do anything, Oon."

The dam that always held Arthit's emotions in check around Kongpob broke, and he pulled his lover into a tight embrace. Never had anyone ever done something so symbolic. Reaching for his lips, he latched his and demanded entry. Kongpob was stunned by the suddenness of his actions and relented. Once he got his grounding, he reciprocated. They kissed each other as if their life depended on it. Their lips, their tongue, and their hands explored, as lips sucked on lips, tongues dueled, and teeth gently nipped on each other's lips.

Their hands were buried in each other's hair as each admired the texture- one thick, bouncy, and course, the other soft, smooth and satiny in texture. Kongpob inhaled Arthit's fresh scent and stumbled some more as he felt his body respond to his lover's body. He could feel the strain in his manhood, and he was struggling with how his body was losing control.

For air, they parted and looked at each other. Arthit's eyes were glazed with lust and Kongpob's with desire and confusion. He wanted Arthit. Oh, so desperately. But he didn't want to force him in any way. Needing to take a breather, he decided a shower was needed. A cold one- one to calm his libido. And two to feel fresh after all that partying and drinking. And he needed a bit of distance. He was not sure if Arthit was fully in his senses after the party, and he needed Arthit to be in full control of his faculties when they do decide to take the ultimate step.

They had gotten intimate, especially during their three-day staycation at Arthit's dorm before the semester break, where they had straddled the line between second and third base. But after returning, they hadn't crossed second base. Was it Arthit's hesitation that was stopping Kongpob, or was it something else- they were not sure? But Kongpob knew that anything beyond would be venturing into the deeper territory, and he was sure Arthit still had not sorted his feelings for the next step. And he had no intention of rushing Arthit anytime soon.

"Umm, I will take a shower, P," Kongpob said hesitantly and turned away, only to be hugged from behind.

"May... may I join you?" Arthit asked, nervousness apparent from the slight quiver in his voice, and Kongpob's heart thudded. He didn't move, nor respond. He just stood still, giving Arthit time to pull back. He knew Arthit had already showered, so it meant Arthit was willing to try.

But Arthit didn't. He stood there holding Kongpob and hugged him a bit harder when Kongpob didn't respond. Slowly he turned, and Arthit let go of him. Standing face to face, he looked at the apprehension and nervousness in his innocent doe eyes, and he felt his heart break a bit. In a good way. He wanted to grab Arthit into wet, slobbering kisses but controlled his urge.

He stepped back one step and slowly pulled off his pullover. He didn't want to rush and undress and scare Arthit in the process. The darkness in the room helped a lot. The warm light of the candle only cast enough light to make everything discernible but not bright enough to see things clearly. Arthit's eyes bugged out, but he didn't look away.

He maintained eye contact with Kong and saw as his junior stepped away slowly from him and walked back with a soft smile of assurance and then stepped in the bathroom. He heard the sound of clothes swishing and understood that Kongpob may have undressed in the bathroom. He also realized that Kongpob had not switched on the light. Arthit heaved a sigh of relief.

Seeing Kongpob's efforts all his barriers had come down, and Arthit wanted to take the next step in their relationship. He wished he had been better prepared, then he would have surrendered himself to his lover tonight, but alas, he was not. The last time they had this level of intimacy was a couple of months back, and after the new semester had started, they haven't gotten close.

Recalling the three days when Kongpob had patiently introduced his body to his touch and familiarised him with the beauty and joy of touching a man's body, made him blush pink. Oh, how he missed Kongpob's touch! How he missed touching Kongpob! But the holidays had once again erected his barrier, and he cursed himself for his inhibitions. Well, if anything, he would rectify this situation today.

Taking a deep breath, he pepped himself. Then taking tentative steps, he walked into the dark bathroom. The golden glow from the room cast some light into the bathroom, and Arthit could make out the silhouette of Kongpob's fit body standing under the flow of water, his back facing the entrance. He gulped. It would be the first time looking at each other naked.

Though he did get a fleeting glimpse of Kongpob's naked body once, this time it would be a very different situation as compared to the previous one. Last time he had accidentally walked in on Kongpob. This time it was by choice.

His eyes dropped to the round globes of his lovers' perfect buttocks, and he felt desire pool in the pit of his stomach. All that glory belonged to him- to touch, to feel, to explore. And he would be damned if he let his inhibitions get the best out of him. Stripping his clothes, he walked slowly towards Kongpob and stepped into the shower cubicle. Kongpob had heard him, and his body had stiffened slightly, but he didn't turn around, for which Arthit was oh so thankful!

Once inside, he slipped closer under the shower and hugged Kongpob from behind.

****** For those who are confused about when they had gotten close previously, it would be part of the "Piece of Heaven" future chapters I haven't gotten to writing yet!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈******