Chapter 40 Laying Low

No one's POV

(Present)

Currently, Nhazul is still sitting in front of Sae, as she continued to interrogated him about the Okumura case.

Sae: So basically, your group didn't go after Okumura's life...Even the death of Shujin's principal, who we found a Calling card for, was the work of another?

Nhazul: That's right...

Sae: You don't sound like you're lying...If you wanted to deceive me, you could've easily woven up a much simpler lie then this" Metaverse". More over, your account coincides with my own investigation. Is that even possible if it were made up? And I hate to admit it, but...with my line of work, I know a false testimony when I hear one. Still, if you set your sights on Okumura based on my intel, it'd be before his name was even ranked. You could've ignored him and targeted some other famous person. Why would you go so far as to further investigate and pursue this criminal?

Nhazul: Simple...My friend was in danger...

Sae: Simple enough. There's still no prove that another suspect exists. That said, it's safe enough to say you aren't the murdering type.

Arcana Judgment Rank 5

Sae: But with the subsequent deaths of Okumura and Shujin's principal, the public's opinion changed.

Nhazul: I'm very much aware...

Sae: Pressed to prove your innocence, your next objective was...

Nhazul: ....

Sae: What's the matter?

Suddenly, Nhazul started swaying side to side, as his vision started to blur.

Nhazul: I...I...

Sae's eye's then widened she realized what was happening.

Sae: Is it a side effect?! What in the world did the police inject into you?!

Nhazul then started to fall over, but Sae caught him.

Sae: Hey...can you hear me?! Nhazul! You need to stay focused!

Nhazul's vision then started to return to him and he looked confused.

Nhazul: What happened...?

Sae: Don't scare me like that. If what you are saying is true, you must tell your story to the end. We'll both be in trouble if your testimony becomes unreliable.

Nhazul: Right...

Sae: Then let's move on. At last, we arrive at your must recent crime.

Sae then pulled out a Calling card and placed it on the table.