Chaptet 73 Apologetic Part 2

No one's POV

Currently, Nhazul is at Ryuji's house after he had asked him to come over because he had something to tell him.

Nhazul: Soooo, what's up?

Ryuji then looked away saddened.

Ryuji: So, uh...Man...how do I say this...

Nhazul: I'm flattered, Ryuji. But I don't play for the same team.

Ryuji: What?! No! It ain't like that! Well... I mean I guess it was weird inviting ya to my room out of the blue like that, but don't get the wrong idea. Well, there is something I wanna talk about. Since we're bros an all, I figured I'd just invite you over.

Ryuji then bowed his head and clapped his hands together.

Ryuji: Look, I-I'm really sorry! I know I gotta apologize to you!

Nhazul just looked at Ryuji confused.

Nhazul: For....?

Ryuji: You know...About that happened when Dr. Maruki gave us everything that we wanted...

Nhazul: Oh....that. I already forgave you for that.

Ryuji: Still, I want this apology to meaning something. It's like you know how things have been for me? From the New Years to a little while ago? How Dr. Maruki gave me a dream life, I just kinda...went with it? We basically spent last year together. And you supported me through a bunch of personal shit, too. I even told you I'd help you whenever you needed it, and now well...Even I know I let you down...

Nhazul: But you didn't. You were there when it counted most.

Ryuji: Man, if I have to own up to anything, it might as well be this. I mean sure, I could fight with the rest of the team like nothing's wrong...But I dunno. Feels like that'd be betraying all this stuff we built together. Either way, I can't just let this go. Gotta settle things somehow. So watch this!

Ryuji then started to do squats and Nhazul just looked at him confused.

Nhazul: And this is?

Ryuji: Not...gonna stop...till you say I can. Can't forgive myself unless I do this!

Nhazul: Alright then.

Nhazul then grabbed a bag of chips and sat back in his chair and started eating them.

Nhazul: Alright, go for 40 minutes.

Ryuji: 40 minutes?!

Nhazul: Oh don't be a baby, this should be easy for you, Mr. One Punch Man.

After about 20 minutes, Ryuji stopped and was panting.

Ryuji: Man... I can't think and flex at the same time...Should've figured this'd be pointless. I tried to think of something good. But even I know dumb.

Nhazul: That's good, Ryuji. The first step is acceptance.

Ryuji just rolled his eyes and then spoke up.

Ryuji: Hey...So I really wanted to keep going with the track team...Hoped I could keep it going, maybe get a scholarship and be a star athlete in college. Make life easier for my mom.

Nhazul: Yeah, I know.

Ryuji: And doc's dream world would've made that happen. But still. I dunno. When I think about it, I realize maybe it isn't that hard a decision. I went through all that bad shit , for wrapped up in hating Kamoshida, turned into some delinquent...almost got you, and and Akira expelled. Started hangin out with Ann and Mishima more. And even had a big conversation with Nakaoka and Takeishi, even if they beat the crap out of me. But that's all part of my life. I still own that, y'know? It was a real shitshow sometimes, but I came out if everything stronger. I'm here cause I beat my problems. I can't just pretend they never happened. Wouldn't be right.

Nhazul: Damn. Someone's definitely matured.

Ryuji: Heh, maybe. And that's why...I'll stick with the reality I fought for. The one where we went through all our shit together. That's where I belong.

Nhazul then stood up and held his hand to Ryuji and smiled.

Nhazul: I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ryuji: Hell yeah!

Ryuji then took Nhazul's hand and spoke up.

Ryuji: From now on, I'm gonna run with everything I've got. So make sure you count on me, Nhazul.

Nhazul: I already do.

(Timeskip)

Currently, Nhazul is in Ann's room after she had invited him over to talk about something and he was just looking around at all her clothes.

Nhazul: My God, so many clothes....

Ann: Sorry this was kinda sudden. I know it's cramped but make yourself a home.

Nhazul: It's fine. So what's on the agenda today?

Ann: Oh, I didn't call you here for anything big or official...

Ann then sat down on her bed and Nhazul sat next to her and she then looked down saddened.

Ann: Sorry... I actually wanted to give you a proper apology for everything...

Nhazul: Everything like....?

Ann: You know. Cause I got caught up in the life Dr. Maruki made for me.

Nhazul: Oh that. That's all in the past now.

Ann: Well, even if if didn't bother you...It's been on my mind...Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out what the right choices is. I mean, I'm not saying that Dr. Maruki's reality is better or anything....But I can't stop thinking about Shiho or how great her life could've been if things were like this.

Nhazul: Oh believe me. I know the feeling...But do you regret your choice?

Ann: No. Not at all. I know this isn't actually reality. I would've been happy, sure, but...it wouldn't have been real. Shiho was still moving forward. Even after everything she'd been through, she did lose hope. My strength came from her. That's why, Kamoshida said he'd kill him self, I told him he couldn't run from it all. She didn't run away, so he can't either. And if I took the easy way out now...I'd be letting Shiho down.

Nhazul: You're right.

Ann then smiled at Nhazul.

Ann: You're so nice, Nhazul.

Nhazul: So I've been told.

Ann: It feels so familiar. Back when I finally broke down under the Kamoshida stuff, you listened to me like this too. You didn't know me at all, but you still listened to everything. I couldn't figure you out. Like I kept thinking "what is this guy's deal?" Not only that, you helped and even saved Shiho, as well as my modeling. You're too nice for your own good. I guess we have your sister to thanks for that.

Nhazul: Yeah, you do. She was the best.

Ann: Anyway...I really am grateful. But that just makes me feel even worse about accepting this reality...I'm never going to lose my way again. From now on, I'm going to face reality. For me, for Shiho...and for you.

Ann then started smiling at Nhazul and he then smiled back at her.

Nhazul: Good. I wouldn't have it any other way. Also, question.

Ann: What is it?

Nhazul then pointed towards the closet that looked like it was going to burst.

Nhazul: What's in there?

Ann then looked at the door terrified.

Ann: No! Stop! Don't look at the door!

Nhazul: What? What's in there?

Ann: Nothing important really...It'll just be a disaster if it's opened...

Nhazul: ....

Ann: ....

Nhazul: Imma open it.

Ann: NHAZUL, NO!!!!

Nhazul went to get up, but Ann held him from behind trying to stop.

Ann: Nhazul, don't do it!

Nhazul: Imma do it!

Ann: NOOOO!!!!