The Old Tulip

I rushed into class, late of course, with strands of hair sticking to my sweaty forehead – so much for a first impression. Even though it’s just a psychology ‘fill-in-class’ as they call it, I still need to make a good impression. I looked around for an empty desk as I saw all heads turn to me and I felt my cheeks blush. Okay y/n just calm down.

I scanned through the faces until I saw…Yuta. I tried to avoid eye contact but it was too late.

“Y/n, there’s a seat right next to me!”

I heard Yuta shout and everyone’s attention went to us. Okay, now my face is blood red.

“Miss y/l/n please take a seat next to Mr Nakamoto and open your book to page 349” the professor turned around and looked at me with his animated eyes. Woah, he looks just like Taeyong. Wait, isn’t that Taeyong?!

I felt a tug from my shirt and saw Yuta looking at me holding out my seat. I realised I had been staring a little too long at Taeyong and took a seat next to Yuta clearing my throat.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure you won’t get into trouble with Taeyong-Hyung” Yuta whispered to me.

“I suggest you treat me with respect before I get you suspended from my class Mr Nakamoto” Taeyong said as he walked closer to our desk. Or should I call him Mr Lee? Ew, no that’s just weird, I’ll stick with Taeyong.

“C’mon Hyung, this isn’t even a real class, you’re basically just a substitute” Yuta argued back.

Taeyong approached us and I kind of felt nervous, he is one of my teachers after all, well, like Yuta said, a substitute.

“If you think so strongly about this matter, you can write a 3 page essay on why I shouldn’t be treated with respect, and I want it in by tomorrow morning” Taeyong said which left Yuta speechless.

Okay I take it back, he’s a teacher.

Taeyong walked back to the board “Well, lets carry on”

Wow, even though Taeyong and Yuta are best friends, he still treats him professionally. That’s cool.

I found it quite hard to concentrate in class as I was constantly distracted by Taeyong’s face. His eyes would shine every time they met mine and the room would become hot. But after a long hour, class was over.

I got up and packed up when Yuta grabbed my bag for me. “Here, I’ll take this” he said while throwing the bag across his shoulders.

“Oh, not it’s fine I can carry my bag” I argued back.

Yuta moved closer to me “A pretty girl like you shouldn’t worry about carrying a heavy bag” and winked.

I tried to step back but heard Taeyong call Yuta’s name. He grunted and turned around “Yes Hyung?” Yuta said with annoyance.

Taeyong looked at him “I was serious about that essay. I want it tomorrow”

Yuta sighed and I took my bag from his shoulders. “Um, thanks but I better get to class now, so bye” I said as quickly as I could walking out of the building.

--

I flopped onto my bed as soon as I reached my dorm. Ah finally. After what felt like the longest day has finally come to an end. I opened my phone and decided to call Chaeryeon. It rang and rang and rang. And then I clicked that its still the afternoon in Paris so she’s still busy with classes.

Ugh, I sighed on my bed when I felt my phone buzz. I looked at it “Jungwoo” it said and I answered.

“Hi”

I heard Jungwoo sigh “Ugh, be a little more enthusiastic next time I call you” he whined and I smiled. He carried on “I bought some sushi, so come eat with me. My dorm is number 127 in hall 17. Okay, see you later” he said and put down the phone. Damn, now I have to go.

I walked over to his dorm, it’s closer than I thought. The door was closed so I knocked expecting Jungwoo to open it but I was greeted with a small smile and tired eyes.

“Oh, hi Taeyong…uh Mr Lee?” I said embarrassed as I didn’t want to be shouted at like Yuta was.

Taeyong chuckled which made me smile “You can call me Taeyong outside of class” and he put out his arm to lead me inside. Wait, does he live here too?

“Um, I came here to see Jungwoo” I said with a shy smile.

“I know, we’re going to eat sushi” Taeyong replied as he packed his books away from his desk.

We?

I just stood there, my awkward self, looking around their room. Jungwoo’s side was filled with plushies, it was dirty and there were no books in sight. I let out a slight chuckle. But Taeyong’s side was neat, his walls were filled with pictures of – what I presumed were his family – and then I saw Tulips. Purple Tulips in a vase on his desk with a single Tulip on his beside table, although this Tulip looked old.

“You like my Tulips?” Taeyong smiled at me.

“Oh, yeah, Tulips are my favourite” I smiled back as I felt my cheeks burn up. Shit where are you Jungwoo?

“Yep I remember. From that day in the gardens” he walked over to the single old Tulip and touched it with his fingertips.

He remembers? And isn’t that the Tulip I picked from that day?

“I GOT SUSHIIIIIIII” my thoughts were interrupted by Jungwoo’s screaming as he ran into the room.

I heard running down the hallway and Johnny’s head popped into the room “Did I hear sushi?” he had a cheeky smile.

“Yep” Jungwoo replied as he unpacked the food.

“Sushi in Jungwoo and Taeyong-Hyung’s room everyone!” Johnny shouted as he ran inside grabbing some chopsticks.

Jaehyun, Doyoung and a few other guys came running in, but they all stopped when they saw me.

I stood there awkwardly again with a smile on my face. It’s definitely intimidating being around all these boys.

“Who’s this?” a boy with a pointy nose said.

“Yah! Be kind, she’s obviously friends with them” the other boy with plump lips and big ears said and moved closer to me “Hi, I’m Lucas, it’s nice to meet you”

“I’m Ten, sorry if I sounded rude, I’m just hangry” the boy with the pointy nose said as he smiled.

“I’m Y/n” I smiled back.

“Y/n and I are friends, so you guys need to get to know her, she’ll be hanging out with us a lot” Jungwoo said with his mouth full of sushi.

I felt happy. Even though they were all boys, Jungwoo still made me feel welcome, I liked being around him.

“Yah y/n! Mark and Haechan say hello” Jaehyun moved over to me holding out his phone with Mark and Haechan on FaceTime.

“Y/n!!!!!!” they both shouted in sync which made me laugh. “Hi boys” I replied between my laughs.

“AHHHH!” Johnny shouted out of nowhere. “I ATE WASABIIIIIII” he whined as Taeyong poured him water.

We all laughed our heads off as Johnny shouted and cried while Taeyong tried to console him. The rest of the evening we just ate sushi and chatted to Mark and Haechan. I could get used to this. 

A/n
Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update :( I've had exams and that. But here is another chapter, I will be away for 5 days so I won't be able to do any writing then but I hope you enjoy this chapter :) please vote and stan nct