chapter 14 - toán học

Five months later
The entire maths block was full of children, each one laboriously filling in sheet after sheet of times tables in tables.

Five months laterThe entire maths block was full of children, each one laboriously filling in sheet after sheet of times tables in tables

Some had been up for hours and hours, filling in sheet after sheet after sheet.
A small girl, maybe about thirteen finished another sheet and walked upstairs to the classroom on the very end of the hallway.
The curtains were all closed, making the room a strange faint yellow colour. All of the tables and chairs had been removed and The floor was covered in dark mattresses. Red pillows with yellow embroidery were everywhere, piled against the walls.
The girl stuck her sheet of times tables to the wall, besides about 200 others. Some of the other sheets were on the pillows and mattresses, near incense burners, some of which were hung from the ceilings or walls.
In the middle of the cushioned mess, m/t lay, gripping anything she could to ease the pain of labour. Miss Hardbadgeyo was holding her hand, whilst all the other maths teachers stood like guards outside the door.
The pieces of paper with all those numbers were there to ease her suffering as she delivered the child. They charged her, spiritually energizing the small maths teacher as she delivered the child.
Hegarty paced up and down the corridors, wringing his hands in anxiety. He was about to become a father again.
Leo and his group sat together on the floor of the corridor, deliberately writing the wrong numbers into the sheets to spite the wicked maths demon.
Of course they felt bad for the child, it had done nothing wrong. It couldn't change who it was related to.
Its parents were the problem. The demon spawn that they were.
Each time the group of boys stuck paper to the wall, m/t would cry out in pain, even louder than usual. The other boys left downstairs would quietly snicker as Colin hegarty jumped in fear.
The child was finally born. With one big cry, the baby made itself known to all, who were forced to stand and clap.
Hegarty raced up the stairs.
"What should we call her?" M/T asked.
"toán học. It's a very spiritual name." Hegarty nodded.
Hardbadgeyo and m/t nodded and smiled.
"Let's go home." M/T smiled.
She got dressed and sat in a wheelchair, which was bushed hardly two meters before they were bombarded by the police.
"SURRENDER THE CHILD!" they yelled.
Miss Hardbadgeyo slid the moses basket with toán học hegarty in it towards the police. They snatched it up and gave the child to social workers who left the building immediately.
The three maths teachers were well know to the police for their previous offence with Riyaziyyat. No child would be the victim of these two monsters.
Leo ran towards the social workers, telling them to stop.
He crouched down and looked at the tiny newborn and stroked its cheek with his finger.
"toán học, huh? I'm going to adopt you and tour brother one day. You'll grow up around the best people in this world. You'll never have to worry about your parents. Never again." Leo kissed his finger and poached it on the fragile child's head. "I promise you'll be safe."