The Castle at Orynth

Dear Readers,                                                                                                                  

This is my first fanfic ever. It is set in the throne of glass world after the war. Please feel free to like, share, vote and comment. Credit to whoever did that amazing artwork of the castle.  This first chapter is just about the castle. Real fun starts from the next one. 

Aelin woke as the faint rays of the sun fell on her face. She was on her bed at the Castle of Orynth. They all were; Aelin, Rowan, Elide, Lorcan, Lysandra, Aedion and Evangeline. They had come here yesterday evening after the redecoration of the castle was complete. It had to be renovated a lot as what was left of it was only ruins. All walls were repainted, new furniture brought in and arranged. Aelin's room was on the third floor, bigger than she had ever had with a big, oak wood bed covered with silver and green mattress. A door to the right leading to the balcony made of white marble and another door in front of their bed to the dressing room. The room  was beautifully decorated and quite spacious. More three bedrooms were on that floor; one for Aedion, Lysandra and Evangeline, another for Elide and Lorcan and the last one for Fenrys. They all were of similar fashion except Aedion's which had an extra bedroom for Evangeline.

At the other end of the  floor, there were stairs going back to the second floor. The kitchen was big and colored faint green. There were two windows and two doors; the door to the right leading to an empty bedroom where Emrys, Malakai and Luca would live and the other one in the front leading to the vast dining room. The dining table, made of fine wood, was quite big and could accommodate twenty people at once. The walls were covered with lovely paintings of Terrasen. There was a relatively smaller living room next to it. A comfy, blue sofa with an oak wood center table and some chairs were placed in the center of that room and again, there were those stairs to the third floor. Not one thing indicated the horrors they had been through.

This was only a small part of the castle. The rest of the castle, including the rooms for ministers, meeting rooms, the court and the servants corridor, was empty. The part where they were living was the personal residence for royalties. The rest of the castle mostly empty.

The coronation ceremony, which was decided to be held on Aelin's birthday, was the day after tomorrow. Emrys, Malakai and Luca were going to arrive this evening which meant that they would have to cook the lunch themselves. Aelin and Rowan took up the responsibility though the others were not very positive about it due to the fact that cooking was a skill Aelin had not mastered and Rowan didn't have much experience either. Lysandra would have been a safer choice but Aelin was adamant.

So, Aelin and Rowan were now in the kitchen preparing the lunch.

Thanks for reading. I will upload the next chapter as soon as I can. 

Love,                                                                                                                              

Memeismeme : )