Birthday Celebration - 2

Well, this story has hit 500 reads already!!! You guys are awesome. 

"Don't you all want to eat?" Fenrys shouted and the 'dancers' returned to the table. They all were hungry. Almost immediately, they began eating from the wide range of dishes placed before them.

"This is awesome." Aedion said, munching down the last of his pie.

The dinner took almost an hour and then came the cake. It was a nice chocolate cake decorated with golden letters spelling – HAPPY BIRTHDAY AELIN. It was big but too modest for a queen.

There was a chorus of Happy Birthday to You while Aelin cut the cake. Aedion and Lysandra put some cream on her nose and cheeks like small kids and even managed to get the biggest piece of cake. God, that cake was delicious. She never had eaten something so divine. Aelin couldn't help but frown a little when she saw the last piece of cake vanish. It would have been so good if it had been bigger.

Nevertheless, she went to the kitchen for thanking Emrys, Malakai and Luca for the feast and specially the cake.

"You could have one twice its size if Lady Lysandra hadn't come here to eat all the batter." Luca blurted out before Emrys could stop him.

"What?"

Luca told the entire tale. Apparently, Lysandra had come to the kitchen in the afternoon when they were making preparations for the cake. She talked about the feast and the party, eating little spoonfuls of the batter here and there. Before she could realize, the batter was already over. She left only when Emrys promised to not tell Aelin about it.

"You should have seen how pale she went when she saw the empty vessel." Luca sniggered.

"She even offered to bring all the stuff again but it was too late." Emrys said softly but Aelin wasn't hearing any of it.

She ran out of the kitchen, practically jumped through the stairs to catch Lysandra in the corridor. She cornered her with a threatening glance and looked around. The corridor was empty. Good.

"Why did you do that?" Aelin asked.

"What did I do?" Lysandra countered with an innocent expression.

"I know everything."

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to do it." Lysandra said, "By the way, who told you? I thought Emrys wasn't such a ..."

Aelin cut her mid-sentence, "Luca told me but not on purpose."

Lysandra nodded and tried to leave but Aelin seized her arm, "You are not going away that easily."

"Then what shall I do to please your Majesty?" Lysandra asked snootily.

"You know what I want."

"Yes, of course I do. I'll give the Queen a whole lot of chocolates like a ten year old." She grinned.

Aelin smiled too, letting go of her hand as she went on her way.

"Really, Aelin? Chocolates? I just gave you the biggest chocolate gift I have ever given to anyone." Dorian said, as he walked in front of Aelin.

"Spying on us, were you? Don't judge me but you know what happened to the last chocolate gift you had given me." Aelin sneered.

"Holy shit. You ate all of them?" Dorian asked, disbelief clear in his sapphire eyes.

"No, no. Just kidding. Rowan hid them before I could finish the second floor."

They both laughed and went their ways. Aelin went to her room to find Fleetfoot asleep and Rowan waiting for her.

"You need to find her a new place soon." Rowan told.

Aelin just shrugged and went to change her clothes. She re-entered a couple of minutes later, clad in only an oversized white shirt - Rowan's shirt. She kissed him on his cheeks, pulling him closer to her. When he saw the usual smirk on her face, Rowan knew that this night was definitely going to end well.

Thanks again.

Love,

Memeismeme : )