All set for the ceremony

The room which they had entered was vast and lavish. It was the Crown court. At the farther end, was the throne –a beautiful gold-plated wooden throne padded with silky green cushions and decorated with costly gems. From both sides of the throne, there was a line of smaller seats. Aside from all this, there was a crystal chandelier and fine silver carpet.

Aelin and Rowan walked silently through the room with a solemn expression until they saw Lysandra and Aedion snogging behind a pillar. They were kissing passionately, Lysandra's hand playing with his golden hair. Rowan's lips curved into a naughty smile telling Aelin that this could have been them if she hadn't rudely ran away from their room. Then suddenly he turned around with an earnest face, pretending he had not seen any of it. Aelin did the most polite thing that came to her mind – she softly knocked the pillar thrice.

Startled, they both withdrew from each other's embrace. Lysandra playfully winked at Aelin while Aedion was so red in the cheeks, he turned his face towards the pillar. He recovered quite immediately and gave her a sheepish smile.  

"Cousin, I hope you know this is the Crown court where we would have meetings with the nobles and now the first memory I have of it is you two kissing behind a pillar." Aelin said with fake disappointment. Lysandra elbowed her while Aedion awkwardly scratched the nape of his neck.

He still looked embarrassed but managed to give a nod. The others joined in quickly. Soon, everybody was in the Crown court, ready for the ceremony. Aelin looked at them one by one.

Fenrys was wearing a suit similar to Rowan's but with much less decoration. Aedion was wearing a green suit made of thick wool with a silver stag covering the upper part. Lysandra wore a gown so fancy that made Aelin wonder if it is better than hers. Elide was wearing a simple green gown and even Evangeline wore a cute lime frock. Everyone was sporting the colors of Terrasen. Well, almost everyone. Lorcan wore a quite dull black coat which made Aelin frown at him but before she could open her mouth, Elide stopped her.

"It's no use. I tried telling him that."

The others came in just as quick. Dorian wore a satin blue suit matching his sapphire eyes. Yrene wore a light yellow frock while Manon wore her red cloak. Chaol was dressed in all black too. Aelin frowned at him while he quickly moved beside Lorcan. Nesryn and Sartaq wore rather too plain clothes.

"Are you ever going to stop wearing that?" Lysandra asked Manon.

"No, I don't think I will."

"So, shall we begin?"

"Wait, we have some more guests." Aelin said, pointing to the door at the farther end of the room. 

I really did not want this to be an entire chapter but there wasn't any picture of their costumes. I am sorry.

Love,

Memeismeme : )