Kingsbloom

That fight with Manon was kind of release of power, not magic but mortal strength. Maybe a small part of Celaena was still in her, will remain with her throughout her immortal life. It loosened her muscles which had become stiff during the past months due to excessive use of magic. 

She had to be just as good as a fighter she was without magic because she had realized if she wholly depended on her magic, she would have no chance of survival if the flame goes out. That is why even powerful fae warriors like Rowan and Lorcan were trained this way. She had made a mental note to increase her training sessions to two hours daily. 

On the other side, Rowan was mad at her for taking in every opportunity to harm herself but Aelin wasn't having any of it. 

"Stop being a Territorial Fae Bastard all over again." Aelin nudged him in the chest. She wore a fresh set of clothes now, having bathed and tended to her 'wounds'. There were no wounds actually, her body having completely healed by her magic, but there was a lot of cleaning up to do. She was glad her nose had recovered too without so much as a small dent. She wouldn't be very happy to live with a broken nose earned in a mock fight.

"Fireheart, you need to stop endangering yourself every time you get a chance." Rowan said, he looked very serious or worried or maybe, both.

"Come on, it was just practice." Aelin tried to convince him once again, "I need to keep myself trained that way. My fire won't always be there to save me."

"I will."

She had no doubt he will. No, he would go through burning hell to find her and not think twice before killing whoever was foolish enough to stand between her and him. If there is one thing he would protect above all others, it is his FIREHEART.

She crashed into him for a tight hug, her hands roaming through his silver hair then to his chest and finally resting in his hands. He pulled her closer, breathing in her scent.

"I have something to show you." Rowan said. His green eyes now full of joy and hope.

"If it is anything else than Darrow's face, I will be happy to join you." Aelin smirked and Rowan smiled too. That was only a part reason she hadn't invited Darrow to the Ceremony. People accepting her as their Queen was punishment enough for him. He need not see her get crowned.

Rowan took her hand and walked her through the huge castle before stopping at a small wooden door. It was quite plain except for a couple of silver doorknockers.

They entered the room to find it empty except a large table. A table filled with hundreds of flower bouquets, greeting cards, chocolates and everything to congratulate the new Queen. She went near the table, slowly plucked a flower from a bouquet. She smelled it, the divine essence of nature but even that couldn't stop her tears from rolling down her cheeks. Rowan stood close by her, his hand on her shoulders, as she read one of the cards.

"They are given to you by your people, Aelin. Darrow couldn't have been more wrong." Rowan said to her, telling her that this was real. Her people loved her and they didn't shun her for the things she had done. They loved her dearly for who she was.

"By 'our' people, Buzzard." Aelin corrected her mate.

Then he took her to a smaller room attached to it. Again, the only furniture in that room was a table covered with flowers. Not some kind of flower but red and orange flowers, small and vibrant. The kingsbloom. In front of her, it was not one flower, not two or not even dozens. There were hundreds of kingsbloom on the table, some bundled up into bouquets and garlands, the others lying scattered.

She broke into another sob as she looked at the flowers shining like her flames.

"Rowan, I... I..." Aelin tried to say something but the words failed her.

I absolutely loved writing this chapter especially the 'I will' part.  Please vote and comment if you liked it too.

Love,

Memeismeme : )