A Nice Day

Dear Readers,                                                                                                                      There is some rowaelin fluff in this chapter. Sorry if I am not very good at it. Special thanks to @lissamz  for the first comment. Enjoy!

Rowan and Aelin were in their bedroom with nothing much to do. Of course they had to prepare for the ceremony but the others seemed to do it very well on their own.

Aelin rested her head on Rowan's chest. Rowan sat still for a while then put his arms around her.

"You know what? We can actually spend our entire lives like this." Aelin said.

"But Fireheart you have a kingdom to rule." Rowan replied and stroked her golden hair. Aelin lifted her head and their eyes met.

"And I also have a mate to love." Aelin said and gave a short kiss on his cheek. Rowan blushed and held her hand to stop her from walking away.

"Don't be melodramatic now. I am just going to get some oil for you. Your hair looks really dry."

"Fireheart..."

"Yes, Buzzard..."

"I love you."

"Thank you."

And with that Aelin went to bring some oil.

She came back in a few minutes with a bottle of oil and told Rowan to sit down while she sat on their bed just behind him. She poured some on her palms and the smell of coconut and jasmine filled the entire room. She gently massaged his scalp and Rowan purred like a cat.

"When was the last time you oiled your hair?" Aelin asked Rowan but he just looked at her with a do-you-think-i-remember face.

"Your mother really made that curry for the entire castle?" Rowan asked.

"Yes, of course. She used to cook in a giant vessel which would appear out of nowhere when she needed it." Aelin babbled. She talked about how she and Aedion would go to play in the Royal garden and return with a bunch of beautiful flower stuffs. Rowan grinned at how like a little child Aelin still was.

"You tell me about your childhood, Buzzard." Aelin said.

"Well, my childhood was not very great. They knew I was going to be a warrior."

"Come on, there must be something at least?"

"When I was eleven, we had this hawk very similar to my animal form. My cousin left the cage open and it flew. We knew my parents were not going to be lenient on this, so I sat in that cage for almost an hour till my cousin found the original one."

"No, you are making this up."

"No, I am not."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

Then they had a row of hearty laughs. Both sharing the funniest pieces of their childhood. Before they realized their lips met. Hers soft on his. They started as a soft brush, then passionate and then soft again.

"I am going to tell this to everyone. King of Terrasen in a hawk cage because he was afraid of his parents." Aelin said and had another hearty laugh. Rowan frowned but he knew she meant it only as a joke .

There was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Aelin said.

It was Elide. She wore a plain white dress and her hair was tied in a braid.

"Emrys and others won't be able to come tonight. They promised they will be here tomorrow before sunrise." Elide told.

"Um...okay." Aelin said.

"So, you mind joining us for hot cocoa and marshmallows?" Elide winked.

"Of course, I don't. I'll be there in a minute" Aelin continued, "Don't let Lysandra eat before I come."

There was no way Aelin was denying such a request. The sun was almost setting, the faint rays taking leave of this great world. She smiled and Elide went back. Rowan combed his hair.

"I love you too, Buzzard." was the only thing Aelin said before running towards the door.

Thanks for reading. I hope to see you soon. 

Don't be a silent reader. Please Like, Vote, Comment and Share.

Love,                                                                                                                                        Memeismeme : )