Old Friends back again - 2

As you could have guessed from the picture, there is going to be some manorian in this chapter. Please don't kill me if it is not very good ; )

Nesryn and Sartaq came just before dinner. It was well past 10 now so everyone went to their rooms. Tomorrow was going to be a big day and they would have to wake up early. Nesryn and Sartaq had the room next to Chaol's. Rowan and Aelin were in their room, needless to say, with Fleetfoot. They changed into some nightclothes and were about to go to bed.

"Where is she gonna sleep?" Rowan asked her, trying to sound disinterested.

"With us." Aelin replied as Fleetfoot danced around her.

"No, she is not sleeping on the bed. No not in this room."

"Yes, she is."

After almost twenty minutes, it was decided to let her sleep near their bed till Aelin finds some nice place in the castle for her. Soon they were fast asleep. Aelin was sleeping at the corner of the bed, one of her hand, hanging down the bed, on Fleetfloot's head who slept very close to the bed. Rowan was at the other side but still his face was towards Aelin – his mate, his carannam, his queen, his equal, his everything.

Dorian slipped out of his room and walked towards the room beside his. He slowly opened the door careful not to make any noise. He was glad to see Manon awake, sitting at the farther side of the bed, her head bowed deep in thought.

"Hello princeling." Manon greeted, not bothering to raise her face to meet his eyes.

"Hello witchling." Dorian replied, confused over such passive welcome.

"Coming to meet a lady this late in the night is not a sign of good character." Manon said, this time raising her face to let Dorain see the smirk on her face.

"Not that I care."

Dorian sat close to her, relieved by this relaxed atmosphere.

"So, what are you doing this late in the night? You know we have to wake up early tomorrow." Dorian asked, looking at Manon in a way that meant he wanted answers.

"Nothing. I can ask you the same question, by the way." Manon said, trying to hide a silver-hilted sword below the bed but Dorian saw and immediately got hold of it.

"Whose is this? I am sure that is not yours." Dorian asked again, looking admiringly at the weapon. Manon just looked at him like she didn't want to talk about it and took it back. Dorian didn't protest.

They talked for a while about their kingdoms, and then the talk kept getting so personal that they started flirting.

"You make me happy. You make me happy like flying high on a broomstick on a fair day." Manon said with a genuine smile.

"If you want it this way..." Dorian whispered in her ears, pulling her closer into an embrace.

"You make me happy like reading a book on a bright Sunday afternoon."

They both laughed at their notions about love, softly kissing each other on lips, neck and forehead but soon they realized the bitter truth.

"You know, we can't...we can't..." Manon muttered, tears began rolling down her eyes.

"Be together. I know." Dorian said, "But that doesn't mean we ..."

He pulled her closer, then pinned her on the bed, and looked at her with a big grin. Manon smiled, only Dorian could have done that. He bent down to give a gentle kiss on her neck and Manon forgot everything. They were kissing passionately, hugging each other like nothing else mattered. After sometime, Dorian got up, looked at Manon's peacefully sleeping but tear-stained face. Dorian knew he cannot stay there for the night, so he lovingly put a hand on her moon white hair and kissed her on the forehead. He gave a last glance at the sword and left the room.

Tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments. Feel free to give any suggestions.

Love,

Memeismeme : )