Chapter 5

The four-eyed guy was walking in hurry to the cafetaria when he bumped into someone harshly. Tay was lucky enough that the one he bumped into saved his ass before it landed on the ground. The guy even helped him to fix the glasses on his face.

When Tay was about to thank the other guy, the words changed into a cuss instantly after he saw Joss Wayar was the one towering before him, "What the hell are you doing here?" His unfriendly tone was expected, but Joss couldn't help but clucked his tongue.

"At least you could thank me first since I save your ass." Joss retorted in annoyance, making the younger guy yanked his hand out of Joss's grip.

He left Joss behind without saying anything, he was not in the mood to have an argument with the problem himself. So he walked passed the older guy and took a seat at the table where his friends were having their lunch.

"Oy, where have you been?" One of his friends asked. He went by the name Off and he was the clown in the group. Tay had another bestfriend named Arm, who was now queuing at one of the food stalls. So there were only Off and himself at the table.

Tay only sent a death glare to Off as he dived his face to his folded arms on the table. Off was confused to get such reaction from his friend, but what confused him more was the fact that an Engineering student suddenly took a seat next to Tay, joining them on the table.

Joss saw how Off had his brows crumpled in wonder, so he beamed his toothy grin to him and greeted Off, "Hi."

Hearing the familiar voice made Tay looked up and snapped right away as soon as his eyes landed on the figure he didn't want to see today, "What the hell are you doing here?!" He repeated the question he threw at Joss in a more rude manner than earlier.

Joss chuckled as he leaned lower until he was on the same eye level with Tay's, "I've told you I'm going to court you, haven't I?"

That answer didn't only make Tay shocked but Off was also choking on his drink upon hearing Joss's answer. Apparently this new guy was crazy. Off kmew better than anyone else that Tay was not only a boring guy but also short-tempered. Plus, this friend of Off wasn't even gay, hell, Tay even had a beautiful girlfriend, so to say that a fine man like Joss was flirting with Tay wouldn't even change.

Tay was so close to punch Joss in the face, but the older guy had a good reflect, so he easily dodged the fist and even held Tay's wrist with his hand. The younger guy was clearly angry at Joss, judging by the way the veins on his temple twitched.

If Joss tried to pick on Tay's anger once more, Off was planning to save his own life, since Joss seemed good at fighting and didn't even need his heroic act. But to Off's surprise, Joss didn't even try to fight back, he was using a softer tone when he asked, "I don't know what makes you so mad about, but let's have our lunch first before you hurt your hand by throwing punches at me."

Joss got up from his seat to buy lunch for them both. However, when he got back, Joss was welcomed by the only two persons left at the table. The first one was the one who choked on his drink earlier, and the second one was the new face. Probably he was also a friend of Tay.

Joss put the food tray on the table as he asked, "Where is he?" He didn't even bother to intruduce himsef first.

"He's gone." Off said while munching his food.

The older guy sighed as he straightened up his back, he grabbed the tray he had put once again and was ready to leave when the new face suddenly said, "He usually sleeps on the bench behind this building."

He saw the guy who choked on the drink was nudging the new face, as if he shouldn't have known such information. But Joss was thankful that this new face just leaked Tay's whereabout to him.