Chapter 10

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by a song from Conan Gray. Make sure you check out the video in the header.

—————

Time rolled by agonizingly slow when Tay walked around the mall with Mild by his side. Somehow he was getting a flashback to the time when they were still a couple, in his free time, Tay would keep the girl company to splurge the money on things that weren't necessary.

"Don't you like this shabu place, Tay?" Mild's high timbre brought Tay's mind back to reality. His head whipped to the girl and eventually nodded in agreement. They were searching for a place to talk, and eating throughout the conversation they were going to have would probably ease the tension.

As soon as Tay agreed, both of them were ushered by a waitress standing by to their designated table. Fortunately Mild chose the secluded area. Tay at least needed tranquility to talk face to face with his ex-girlfriend. Further, his mind secretly still wandered to the other guy that had kept him waiting.

Though he had a plate full of profanities he would throw at the other guy, there was still a portion of dismay saved somewhere in his head. Is he alright? Tay kept thinking of the possibility Joss tangled in a trouble. The older guy and the problems were best friends.

"Tay..." A gentle touch brought Tay's focus back.

Ah, right. He had a talk to do with Mild. He couldn't let the other guy kept wrapping his mind, at least not when he was with Mild. So Tay broke into a smile, a warm one that made Mild missed the time when Tay would give him that whenever he was seeing her. But it seemed their break up really robbed Tay's genuine smile from his face.

"Mild.." Her name was rolling out of the man's mouth, Tay kept making her feeling nostalgic. "How's life going?" To her surprise, Tay was the one opening up the conversation with her.

Mild was so ready getting a cold shoulder from the man but apparently, she was being overly dramatic. Tay seemed indifferent. If Mild could dare, it seemed that Tay was no longer despise her presence. Maybe she wasn't an eyesore anymore to the guy before her.

Mild broke into an awkward smile, just in time the waitress brought the beverages they ordered earlier. "I guess... I can't say that I am alright nor bad. It's just... so different. I mean, the life without you." She said truthfully while keeping her eyes down to the hot ocha on the table.

"How different?" Tay dared to ask, they used to talk about everything, he could say that they were both shelters to each other.

The girl contemplated whether to spill it or not, "Well..." She trailed off.

"Empty?" Tay was faster to blurt out, making the girl dumbfounded for a moment before she burst out in laughter.

She nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I think so." Now that they weren't as awkward as before, Mild sipped her green tea carefully. Now she was feeling thirsty.

Once she placed the glass down, her words then filled the silence, "I bet you don't even have the time to feel empty." Mild teased, making the guy before him scoffed, "Now my turn. How's life after Joss Wayar happened?" She asked.

"Not as easy as I thought it would be," Tay answered truthfully. Since Mild didn't seem like making enemies right now, Tay chose to be civilized too. Honestly, it was weird. How the conversation between them going this smooth was strange. But maybe both of them had let it all go, who knows.

What Tay knew, he didn't feel any heavy feelings lingered in him while he was exchanging words with Mild. It was as if the ugly events they'd encountered in the past were long forgotten. Tay couldn't even remember his grudge. It was barely a month after their break up. Was he moving on too fast?