Chapter 1 - To Embark on a New Adventure - Part 3 (Peter)

Insert song: Kenshi Yonezu - Peace Sign

- Two nights till the wedding. -

"Psst, Peter!"

"Hmm? Yeah?" my great dream was cut short, "Have we arrived?"

"No, dude, help me out!" Ned pointed at his in-plane TV screen, "Which one should I watch instead? Onward or Spies in Disguise?"

"Why not both?"

"I'm planning to snooze after watching."

"Just pick whatever, man! Both main leads are similar anyway," I impatiently answered, "Let me continue my fantastic dream."

"What was your dream about?"

There is no way in hell I would tell him my halfway through a wet dream... with my ex.

"Me winning against Thanos in an arm-wrestling match."

"Cool!" Ned replied before turning his attention to the movie in front of him.

We flew by Tony's private jet. After the hassle of getting everyone's passports, we managed to board the plane. Twelve hours later, we arrived in Tokyo at six in the afternoon. Mr. Barton called his acquaintance right away as we stepped out of the airport through a private gateway. It was so our weapons wouldn't be confiscated. A minibus parked in front of us not long after.

"Hey, Clint. Are these packs of tweens all your apprentices?" a woman asked from inside the van.

"Yup. They're all with me, Lopez," Agent Barton confirmed.

"Hop right in then!" she called.

The four of us sat on the passenger seat in the back while Agent Barton sat beside her in the front.

"Welcome to Japan, guys! You wanna hang around first? I know a lot of places youngsters usually go to," she offered.

"We're not here for vacation, ma'am. I think it's best to go straight to the temple," I politely declined.

"What's that?" she seemed to not hear what I said.

"Uh, we want to go to-"

"She can't hear what you're saying, Peter. Let me repeat it for you, kid," Agent Barton stopped me, "These fellas are here for a rescue mission, Maya."

"Oh. Is someone held captive by a clan?" she sounded surprised.

She seemed to be able to catch what Mr. Barton told her by reading his lips.

"You may not believe it, but one of the Avengers is kidnapped by an evil god," Agent Barton informed her.

"Haha. Funny, Barton," she didn't believe what she heard.

"It's legit! The son of Inari is forced to marry Mikaboshi," Agent Barton himself found what he was saying ridiculous.

"Woah. Is that why you guys are going to the Kashima shrine?"

"Sounds awesome, right?"

"I'm not sure. I've never fought a god before," she replied.

"Excuse me, I don't want to sound paranoid or something, but there are two cars following us since we left the airport," Betty said.

"Yeah, you do sound paranoid," Ned joked.

"Maya, you think those two cars are tailing us?" Agent Barton sounded serious.

"We need to make sure," she said as she changed lane thrice.

As Betty was worried about, the two cars followed right behind.