Chapter 2 - Days Spent in Another World - Part 4 (Peter)

Insert song: Utada Hikaru & Skrillex - Face My Fears

- One day till the wedding -

"Mr. Susanoo, is he?" I didn't complete my question, afraid of mentioning the word.

"...," Mr. Susanoo laid Mr. Tiny's remains quietly.

"What happens if a spirit die?" Betty asked but probably didn't want an answer.

"They vanished. Forever," Mr. Susanoo gloomily responded.

"How can I let this happen?" I blamed myself, "I should've been smarter."

"At least you and Ned survived. Without him we'll lose three of you at once," Betty reasoned.

"Orochi will reach us soon, guys. We need to get away from here," Ned reminded us.

"So this is it? We'll go home without Aoi...," I said, defeated.

"Or else we'll be the snake's meatballs," Ned replied, "C'mon, man. Remember what Aoi's dad said!"

"Michelle, what do you think?" Betty asked the deep in thoughts MJ.

She was quiet throughout the whole conversation, thinking of something.

"Mr. Susanoo, you can defeat it as long as it is not as active and fast, right?" she was onto something.

"For now I could only hold one or two heads, I've slashed one earlier, the one with fangs broken by Ned's shield," Mr. Susanoo answered.

"There's six more, huh?" she considered the situation.

"What are you up to, MJ?" I became curious.

"The sleeping potion meant for Aoi, how strong is it?" she revealed her intentions.

"For a big kaiju like Orochi, it could at least made it drowsy," Mr. Susanoo caught what she was hinting at, "But you need to inject it right at the core of the creature. From the aerial view, you can see a portion of its body not covered in scales."

"How can we reach it? All the heads are actively moving in all directions," Betty pointed out.

"Have you guys seen 'Lord of the Rings'?" I asked them as I had a plan in mind.

We prepared ourselves to engage in my battle plan. We sneakily found each of our positions, like how I instructed them to. Before leaving I reminded them to keep being careful and refrain from overdoing it. As I was about to leave for my designated position, MJ stopped me.

"If we use the sleep drug on the creature, what will you use for Aoi?" she sounded concerned.

"I don't know for now. I guess... all I want to do is to defeat this creature and get to Aoi," I said to her, "I just want to meet him again, whether we succeed in bringing him home or not."

"I'll help as much as I can, Parker."

"Thank you. Stay safe though!"

She smiled, signaling me everything would go as it supposed to be. I leaped to where I need to stay put and waited. Mr. Susanoo began the strategy by challenging the snake.

"Bring it on, worm! " he pointed his sword to Orochi.

All of Orochi's remaining heads lunged at him at once. He held his ground for some time, didn't show any signs of being overwhelmed. Betty braved herself and targeted one of the heads with her crossbow. As we expected, the shot head was taunted and targeted her. Ned moved in front of her and prepared his shield to counter the attack. Right when the head hit the shield, I immediately shot it with my web-shooters multiple times, sticking the other end to the nearby rocks. I mummified it and pinned it down. Another head began to target seconds after as we predicted. MJ used her whip to keep the distance between the group and the head. Ned placed his shield in front of her in the instant. When I finished my work with the previous head, I immediately began working on another, helping MJ as she was about to tire herself. A different head came to the group as well. To give me time in holding the head, Betty and MJ worked together in holding the other. When I was about halfway in encasing the head with my webs, Ned assisted the girls as soon as he was able to. I also quicken my webbing so I could help them fast. We were lucky I finished it before the final head, which Mr. Susanoo wasn't able to grab still, moved its way to our group.