Chapter 2 - Days Spent in Another World - Part 3 (Aoi)

Insert song: Hoshino Gen - Koi

- Two nights till the wedding -

I slowly entered the dining room and joined Mikaboshi at the table. He looked extremely surprised at what I was doing. I sat next to him and eyed the foods one by one. He didn't say anything, probably hesitant to make a talk with me since I've been hostile to him throughout my stay. I could hear him try to let out a word which failed in the end. I only liked the fried egg and grabbed it.

"... You want anything else? I can ask the cook for it," he finally spoke.

"Um, it's fine. I try not to eat much at dinner," I lied, "Gotta watch my weight."

"But you're already so skinny. Eat more, Aoi-kun!" he suggested.

"Well... I may want some katsu if you have it," I blurted what I wanted.

"Matsu-san! Can you come here for a minute, please?" he called one of the maids.

"Yes, Mikaboshi-sama?" she came the second after.

"Tell Fuji-san to make a katsu for Aoi-kun, will you?" he requested.

"Will Aoi-dono eat it in his room like always?" she asked.

"Here is fine, Matsu-san. Thank you," I answered.

"It will be quick!" she seemed very happy at my decision on having dinner together with Mikaboshi in the dining room.

"Anyway after this I want you to meet someone," Mikaboshi excitedly told me.

"Who?"

"You'll see. He's been wanting to meet you since a long time ago."

We finished our dinner together and head outside of the mansion. He led me to the west side of the building to a pond. I was curious about the person he mentioned earlier.

"He's usually here by this hour," he walked around and I followed blindly, "I wonder where he is."

"Do I know of this guy?"

"Well, you used to know him. But I guess you must've forgotten him too as you've forgotten me."

"I've been wondering, how do I forget about you guys?"

"Your dad and his colleagues didn't like me interacting with you. You've heard the stories," he admitted, "In short they made you forget about us and kept you away."

"Maybe they're afraid you'll hurt me."

"I hurt a lot of people, without hesitation. But I would never hurt you, Aoi-kun. That's the last thing I would ever think of."

Before I could reply a man ran toward us in a hurry. He wore a black jinbei with orange and white motives. His hair was bowl-cut and his eyes were very round and big, for a Japanese guy. He was panting excessively when he arrived.

"You should have told me you're coming here, Mikaboshi-sama," was the first thing he said.

"Haha, I apologize. But this is a special occasion!" Mikaboshi replied.

"What is? And who is this?" the guy asked.

"Hi, I'm Aoi. Aoi Ueno. Nice to meet you," I politely introduced myself.

"Aoi? Eh!!?? AOI-DONO?" he seemed as if he finally meet his idol oshi, jumping around.

"Uh... Am I this important?" I whispered to Mikaboshi.

"I told you he wanted to see you badly," Mikaboshi chuckled.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you at first! I should've recognized you once I saw you," he was overly apologetic.