Chapter 2 - Days Spent in Another World - Part 2 (Peter)

Insert song: LiSA - Axxxis

- One day till the wedding. -

"How does the yomi look like, Mr. Ueno?" Betty asked.

"According to Izanami, the god of yomi, it looks much different than how it used to be. Now it is much more... earthly." Aoi's dad described, "In recent years, Mikaboshi has been renovating it."

"He even planted trees there! You won't believe how much cherry blossoms I saw when I visited," Mr. Takemikazuchi added, "Somehow he has gotten gentler now."

"At least hundreds of years of staying there has changed him a bit," Susanoo snorted.

"I don't understand. You said Izanami is the god yomi. But why does Mikaboshi get to revamp the whole place?" MJ commented, "Does he have a job of underworld area development or something?"

"No. He is, in a sense, a prisoner. But he has huge, massive powers to contain. With those powers, he can control the spirits who reside in there and do anything he pleases," Mr. Ueno, explained.

"He is that strong?" my face stiffened.

"Which is why you have to avoid him as much as you can," he warned, "Have you gotten information on the deal between him and Aoi, Take-san?"

"There are three deals between them recorded," Takemikazuchi informed, "First, from Aoi's side, he has to stay in yomi until the new moon passes and will not attempt to escape. He shall not use his powers to fight or hurt the spirits or the creatures. And last, he is not allowed to venture outside of the mansion without Mikaboshi. From Mikaboshi's side, he will never hurt Peter Parker or anyone close to Aoi ever again."

"Wait. Basically, he can't get out or stray far from him at all?" MJ tried to put the facts straight, "How the heck are we gonna rescue him?"

"The main goal is to prevent their union, whatever it takes," Mr. Ueno pulled out a syringe, "Which is why I got this. A sleep-inducing drug."

"Are we injecting this to Mikaboshi?" I became confused

"No. This is for Aoi. So he will sleep past the new moon phase," Mr. Ueno corrected, "All you need to do is to sneak into the palace, find Aoi, inject this, wait for the new moon to pass, then get him out. This will cause him to pass out for at least two days and skip the ceremony."

"Wait. Woah. Two days?" I couldn't believe what I heard, "Is this even safe at all?"

"Oh, yes. Don't worry. I wouldn't inject dangerous stuff to my own son, would I?" he laughed.

"O-of course!" I scratched the back of my head and laughed along.

"In addition, you guys need to wear these robes during your trip in yomi," Mr. Takemikazuchi handed each of us one robe, "It will protect you from getting infected by random powerful curses."

"Never take it off. You never know what curse was put on the objects there," Mr. Ueno stressed.

All of us took note of the advice mentally and nodded.

"Alright! I think you're all ready by now," Mr. Ueno stood up, "Let's proceed to a more open space and open the portal."

"Wait, I need to go to the bathroom first," Ned excused himself.

"I have to get changed into my suit too," I raised my hand.

"We'll meet outside in twenty then," Mr. Ueno decided.

I put on my Spider suit quickly and grabbed my backpack. I brought everything I need inside, several web fluids, some foods and bottled drinks, the sleeping drug syringe, and an extra suit, in case the one I used would be shredded in pieces. As Mr. Ueno instructed, we gathered in front of the house after we readied up.