˚✩ ⋆。˚ Chapter 12 ˚✩ ⋆。˚

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚  ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ☪︎⋆
┊ ⊹      ┊
✯ ⋆      ┊ .  ˚
˚✩

Killer stumbled through the portal, skidding to a halt before he could clumsily fall onto the bluish-black stone ground.

He lifted his head, seeing that his teammates were currently toe-to-toe with a monster that greatly resembled Nightmare, except with a golden color scheme rather than the cyan one Nightmare had.

Outer, someone he'd never planned on seeing again, lay face down on the ground with scratches and broken bones, as if he'd been hurt and dropped from a high height. Serves him right. He's probably unconscious at the moment.

Ink's attention turned to Outer as well, face convulsing into pity as he remembered that he'd been tortured long before they had arrived.

The other monsters had already fled the Au due to Ink herding them to the Anti-Void, Outer was the only one wasn't able to escape.

The monster sporting a golden crown noticed Killer's sudden arrival, skull snapping in his direction with a sickening crack.

"...I recognize you." They whispered in a low voice, yet loudly enough for everyone to hear. "You're... Killer, are you not?"

He was washed with a wave of fear and insecurity, he dipped his head almost forcefully in a bow and spoke softly.

"Uhhh," Killer gulped, nodding his head shakily. He didn't know why he makes him so nervous, but his presence is just intimidating to him. He doesn't want to seem weak, but something about him makes his knees weak.

"Hm. Well, you should probably leave, we wouldn't want a pretty face like yours to get hurt now, would we~?" Shattered winking, smirking at the growing blush on Killer's face.

"What the fuck is going on!?" Nightmare said, throwing his arms into the air. "We came to fight, not have a chat! Especially not like that!"

"Don't interrupt us, Nighty," Dream snapped, squinting his eyes threateningly, making Nightmare shut his mouth and shrink at the nickname Cross so often used for him and only him.

Killer shielded his face from view, ducking his head down even further with rattling bones. His stomach was aching, he hadn't even eaten anything today, so what was going on?

"So, Killer, I heard that you're really good with knives." Shattered said, twirling his finger in his tentacle casually. For some reason, it seemed like an innuendo, and it embarrassed Killer.

What the hell is he doing to him?! Maybe he's flustered because he looks a lot like Nightmare, and he's in love with Nightmare— yeah, that must be it.

"Stop doing that!" Killer stomped his foot furiously, scowling as he summoned a knife and threw it directly at Shattered, aiming for his skull.

It glided threw the air with the sound of a swift whoosh, the blade ready to impale itself into Dream's goopy head.

But it did not.

Shattered caught the blade between his gooey fingertips, shoving it down his throat with a sharp crunch.

"W-what the fuck?" Killer sputtered, taking a step back. "What's wrong with you, freak!"

He spat out his words venomously, but Shattered seemed unaffected, merely giving an exaggerated pout.

"Owie, my feelings have been simply shattered!" He cried dramatically, bending back slightly and resting a hand on his forehead. "I've been called a freak! And it was usually Nightmare being called that rather than me, too!"