Chapter 14

Harley smirked as he watched the boy who had tormented Peter for years wince in obvious pain as he tried to stand up. One of Harley's friends merely shoved him right back down into the chair.

After the teacher finally stopped yelling at Harley, who hadn't been listening to a word she was saying, she moved towards the boy whimpering in pain dramatically from his place on the chair. The class collectively rolled their eyes.

Harley looked down at the shaking form of his boyfriend and placed a soft kiss to the crown of his head, squeezing him in what he hoped was a reassuring manner.

Peter was sniffling, overwhelmed and confused. He just wanted this day to be over with and to head to bed to cuddle with his boyfriend in peace. Alas, the world was not so kind and they had to return to the tour. Peter could feel Flash glaring at him as he walked with Harley's arm around his shoulder. Harley seemed immune to the glare, and Peter wished he had that ability.

The group continued on, Peter's teacher continuing to fuss over the bully and the rest of the class steering far from the fuming boy. They proceeded with the tour together, attempting to ignore the tense atmosphere that had fallen over the group after the fight. However, everyone seemed to have their spirits lifted when they got to race some robots around, Abe winning the prize of a chocolate bar.

Everyone seemed much more comfortable and the tension eased. They continued through the different rooms before a security guard came up to Anna and whispered something in her ear.

She nodded her head and turned back to the group making eye contact with Harley and smirking mischievously at him, causing both Harley's and Peter's eyes to widen in horror.

Peter turned to his boyfriend in alarm, unsure what the guard could have possibly said to her, scared something had been planned.

His fears were pretty much confirmed when she broke eye contact and declared to the group before her, "There has been a slight change in plans;" At this Peter began looking frantically between their tour guide and Harley, as his boyfriends face morphed into a smirk as well.

"We are heading to a conference room to have a Q&A with the Avengers!" The class broke out into excited chatter at the news, the room seeming to buzz in anticipation. Peter didn't think he could make his eyes bulge any further if he tried. He knew this had to be his father's doing.

Despite his instant horror and worry, he felt a little resigned to the fact that this was happening. He knew when his father had something planned, it was happening.

He wasn't Tony Stark for nothing.

The group had started walking out of the room when Flash decided to step in front of the two. Peter stiffened and could almost swear a growl came from his boyfriend beside him. What the fuck? Peter looked bewilderedly at his boyfriend, momentarily distracted from the boy in front of him.

Harley shot him a sheepish smile before returning his attention to the glaring boy in before them, who clearly didn't appreciate being ignored.

"What do you want Eugene, I thought I made it pretty clear that I wouldn't tolerate your shit anymore. Looking for another beating?" Peter stared at his boyfriend in shock at his outburst but quickly pulled him back, seeing that he had stepped forward in an effort to intimidate Flash.

"Just wanted to let you guys know, that this isn't over, my father is rich and powerful and he's gonna take you down, Keener. And then, your little boyfriend, or should I say girlfriend will be mine to torment." Flash declared to the two confidently. (pack it up Draco Malfoy)

Harley went to punch him again but this time Peter was prepared and grabbed hold of him, using some of his super strength to hold the taller boy in place and keep him from pouncing on a smug-looking Flash.

"Well Flash" Harley ground out as he strained against Peter's firm grip, "We have Tony freaking Stark on our side so I'd like to see you try." Flash looked a little taken aback by the insinuation of power but returned his smug look to his face, confident that the Tennessee boy was bluffing.

"Leave it, Harley, let's go, they're all leaving c'mon." Peter gestured to their group and shot Flash a glare that was returned in kind before leaving the room, dragging a reluctant Harley with him. They walked quickly to catch up to the tour group that had left them behind in their haste to get to the Avengers.

Harley calmed a bit as they caught up and wrapped his arm around Peter's waist again, pressing a soft kiss to the boy's head and breathing deeply. The group barely acknowledged their arrival with more than a few cursory glances.

Peter swore his heart rate increased drastically as they headed towards the stairs, aware that they were nearing the conference room where the Avengers were waiting for them. He didn't need his Spidey sense to tell him that in that room lay a disaster waiting to happen.

Harley seemed to notice his hesitancy and pulled him closer in a sign of support, aware that Peter was very reluctant to enter the room in which his entire family likely awaited. Harley was pretty sure they knew what happened, especially because the God of Chaos was still nowhere to be seen.

Finally, the group reached the door behind which the Avengers lay and their tour guide turned to face the group once more.

"Before we go in there, I would advise you all to be super respectful and try not to swear as the avengers and especially Mr Rogers to not take kindly to any rudeness or vulgarity." Here she shot a pointed look towards the scowling Flash at the back of the group.

The group nodded in confirmation and she smiled before turning the nob on the door and ushering them all inside.

With a self-satisfied smirk in the direction of the boy he had beaten up, Harley followed them with Peter by his side.

This should be interesting.

_______________________________

Another chapter gone! As you can all tell, we're nearing the end so keep watching for any updates on the story. There will likely only be two more chapters but that is currently still subject to change.
Love you all :)

1066 words

Lila out 💜