Chapter 16

Peter had been pulled from the room by Harley and Wanda as his breathing started to increase and his senses seemed to flare. The lights were too bright, the sounds too loud, his head was pounding as he was dragged into a room off to the side. He was vaguely aware of Wanda asking Friday to dim the lights and soundproof the room and slumped in relief when his headache eased.

Harley kept his arms around him but stayed quiet, knowing that despite the good intentions behind his soft words, they would only make things worse. The two waited in silence for Peter to calm down, aware that he was still crying and upset that all they could do was wipe his tears as more continued to cascade down his cheeks.

When Peter's sobs eased and he was only sniffling, he removed his head from where it was buried against Harley's chest. He took a deep breath and smiled shakily before he turned to face the Scarlet witch. He avoided eye contact as he began "Just get it over with," He said softly. Wanda looked at him in confusion. "Peter, what are you talking about?" Wanda questioned the boy.

"I- I'm a girl-" at Harley's warning squeeze, he reworded his sentence, "I was born a girl, not only am I bi and a mutant, but I'm also Trans. I'm not normal." He attempted to explain to the girl in front of him. As he had expected, she had an angry look on her face. Only it wasn't directed at what he thought it was.

"Peter" Wanda began harshly, softening her voice at his flinch, "There is nothing wrong with you. Firstly, who the hell wants to be normal? How boring would that be? But I don't care about the gender you were mistakenly assigned at birth. Your name is Peter Parker Stark. You are a nerd, a hero, a 'Star Wars' lover and a boy. You are my brother, and always will be. Nothing will ever change that."

Peter began to cry again at her words. Only this time his tears were happy. He launched himself at his honorary sister and gathered her in the warmest hug she had ever experienced. "Everyone else thinks the same way Peter, this changes nothing. I'm sorry I didn't make you comfortable enough for you to let me know. But in no way do I blame you or hold that against you, so don't start getting all guilty on me okay?" Peter nodded into her shoulder and they stayed that way for a while, Harley watching the two with a soft smile on his face.

After about five minutes of silence and another ten of convincing Peter to face the team, the three headed out of the room, towards the common room.

What they were unaware of was that while they were in there, Tony had been plotting ways to absolutely destroy the life of one Eugene Thompson. He had been told that Flash's father was likely to file a report against Harley for the beating his son took but with the number of witnesses and evidence he had against the bully, he would be destroyed if it ever made it to court.

Flash had been removed from the building and his name was put Red list, never to be allowed to enter ever again. Peter's teacher had been dragged into a separate room where Rhodey was currently questioning her with Steve, both shaking with rage at the news of what she said to Peter.

Tony got her fired in minutes.

He was now waiting for his son to return, unsure of how he was dealing with the fact that he had basically been outed to the Avengers, seeing as so many of them had training that would pick up on any change in behaviour amongst the people in that room. He knew most of them had but two and two together by now.

Tony was extremely worried for his son, seeing as the boy didn't want any of them to know, and even if he had, he would have wanted to tell them himself, on his own terms. He also needed to address Peter's bruises and make sure he was okay after the beating he'd received earlier in the day.

When the three entered the room, it was only him, Natasha, Loki, Shuri, T'Challa and Bucky there. Peter was in his boyfriend's arms, his legs around his waist and face buried in Harley's neck. Tony winced, Peter only did that when he was feeling extremely vulnerable. Harley shot the group a look to keep them quiet as he lowered himself onto the couch in the common area.