[01] - iris

a/n: 
 This is the start of the fortuitous series!

Please check out my other books from the melancholy series ♡

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

《 𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓼 》

Her eyes were all over the place, she was there again. The garden. It never failed to amaze her how captivating this place, no matter how many times she's been here. It seemed like the garden was the only place that exist in this world.

It stretched out to the never-ending horizon, the walking path seemed to be directed to somewhere, however, she never had the courage to follow it.

Among the sea of the blooming flowers, amid each of the green leaves and delicate petals, there were the dancing birds and the squirrels that darts around. The soft breeze seemed to produce a soothing chiming sound every time it blew across the landscape.

 The soft breeze seemed to produce a soothing chiming sound every time it blew across the landscape

It was serene; but all she could feel was some kind of a piercing pain in her heart. She often wondered if she would ever be able to find peace.

Even in this lucid dream, this non-existent garden, this world that her subconscious created for her; even in this sanctuary.

The pain lingered within her.

She huffed a long sigh.

"Something's bothering you?" she could hear his voice from behind, guessing he was standing right there.

A faint smile tugged the corner of her lips, "You're here again?" she turned her gaze to the boy.

"I guess I am." He answered before proudly displaying his bunny smile.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Ae-Ri rested her back to the huge tree behind her as she sat down with the boy, "What did you get me this time?" she titled her head to the side, secretly anticipating his response.