Chapter 1 (Edited)

It was late Sunday afternoon. Shinee was enjoying their free time, just relaxing after a stressful week. To be more accurate, Jonghyun was reading manga, Taemin and Jinki were sitting in the living room watching TV, Minho was in the kitchen making something, and Kibum was in his (and Minho's) room.

In the room, Kibum was sitting on the chair, mumbling and thinking about something. Kibum has a secret, which is his crush on his best friend slash bandmate, Choi Minho.

He has been hiding his feelings for a long time, and it has become unbearable for him to continue doing so. After searching on the internet, he found two solutions to his problems:

1. Find someone else. which was ultimately impossible for him since he loved Minho way too much.
2- If you are accepted, confess.Or else you'll get rejected, and the pain of rejection will help you forget those feelings.

So putting his bet on the second option, he has decided that he will confess his love to Minho when their concert ends, which was last night. However, because performing a concert is not easy and very tiring, Minho fell asleep as soon as they reached home, and Kibum's plan failed. So he resolved to confess today when Minho returned to his room after doing whatever he was doing.

I have to confess today. But what if he doesn't love me back and the atmosphere between us gets awkward, or worse, he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore? No-no Let the negative ideas drop. I am going to confess, no matter what.

Back in the living room, Taemin called out to Minho when he heard something drop: "Minho Hyung, what are you doing?" Minho yelled from the kitchen, "I am making sandwiches for everyone." Hearing this, all three people present in the living room froze and then grinned. It was a sandwich, and Minho could make it without burning the kitchen down. Hopefully.

After a few minutes of fumbling around and trying to find the stuff and then finally managing to make the sandwiches, Minho served them their share, and then he bought two plates of sandwiches in his room for himself and Kibum. He thought Kibum would be happy to see him bringing sandwiches, but to his surprise, Kibum didn't even notice him entering; he was too busy in his own world.

Minho placed the plates on their room's small tea table and smiled, "Kibum, what are you doing?""Come and eat." Kibum finally looked at Minho and smiled weakly. Now is the time. I should confess that if I delay it any longer, I might die from stress. So, how should I begin? Roundabout? Straightforwardly? Casually? Enthusiastically?

Kibum sat across from Minho, contemplating this.Cold sweats formed on his forehead as he choked on his words. He would have never thought confessing to someone would be so hard, "M-Minho." But at the same time, Minho said, "Kibum... They both looked at each other and paused. Kibum, who was on the verge of a panic attack, took a deep breath and said, "You can go first."

"Actually, Kibum ah, what I'm about to tell you is something that nobody knows," Minho nodded.Kibum, after hearing the serious tone, sat up straight, thinking it was something very important because it was not usual to see Minho so serious.

Seeing that Kibum was paying attention, Minho continued, "Kibum... I am dating someone."

Something in the older man's heart dropped and something in his stomach turned, and Kibum felt empty, as if the world were empty, as if he were the only one on this planet, all alone, and then Kibum somehow felt that he couldn't breathe; dark spots formed in front of his eyes. This was a huge blow for him. Tears started to form in his eyes and threatened to fall. There was this pain in his heart, as if something important was being ripped from his heart with force.

He looked down at his sandwich to avoid eye contact with Minho, knowing that if he did, Minho would know everything, as if Kibum had laid out all of his feelings without actually saying anything.

Kibum knew he had to speak because this was important to Minho, who was important to him. He almost choked on his word but managed to maintain his normal composure and asked, "Who?" "Who is she?"

Minho let out a breath of relief, thanking the heavens that Kibum wasn't angry with him, and then answered with a smile, "She is a young model." Her name is Aera.

Hearing Minho say her name so fondly, Kibum felt all the energy leaving his body; he cleared his throat as he said, "Oh! That's good! But try not to get noticed; otherwise, it would become a huge scandal. Anyway, I am happy for you."

The last part drained all of Kibum's energy, and he felt dizzy. But Minho was very happy, and he didn't notice the strangeness in Kibum at all; he was just glad that his friend didn't stop him or anything. Not that he thought Kibum would, but there are times when there are useless worries.

"Now what was it you wanted to say?" Minho smiled.

Kibum paused for a moment, knowing that saying what he wanted to say would be futile, so he made up an excuse, "I wanted to say that I have an appointment with an old friend today so I am going out."What I wanted to say doesn't matter anymore because you can't be mine. You are already dating someone. I am too late.

And then he pretended to look at his wristwatch and said, "Shit, I am late." He got up as quickly as he could and went to his table to grab his wallet and keys. "I should probably go now." Bye!" With that, Kibum left the room without even looking at Minho, who was very confused because normally Kibum would take at least 2-3 hours to get ready before going out. But now he is dressed casually.

Kibum dashed through the living room, catching the other three's attention. Taemin asked, "Oh Key Hyung! "Where are you going?" However, Kibum didn't respond, as his mind was filled with what Minho had said. Kibum quickly left the house. He started walking with no particular destination in mind. The sky was turning into a mixture of red and yellow as the sun started setting.

Kibum went to the almost empty playground. He looked at some people leaving as he went to sit on the bench in the corner so that no one would notice him or bother him. He needed time for himself. It's time to think about himself and not Minho. and time to sort his feelings out.

Kibum let his tears spill. He covered his face with his palms, putting his elbows on his knees. All he could do was cry. The lump in his throat slowly started to disappear. He let out only choked sobs. He was still trying not to make any sounds to attract attention. How miserable can he be?

After hours of crying, Kibum did feel a bit better. He stood up to see that the playground was completely empty and the sky was pitch black. He checked his phone to see what time it was and let out a sigh, not realising hours had passed.Thinking about this, he thought of how swollen his eyes would be now.

Kibum started walking towards the Shinee house. There were only a few people on the road. He sure was hungry, but nothing was open now. Kibum arrived at his place. He slowly opened the door and got inside. All the lights were off. He softly opened the door to his room, trying not to wake Minho up, but as he entered, the lights in the room were turned on, and he saw Minho sitting on the bed, glaring at him.
____________
Rei's Note:-

As I said, I didn't make many changes; I just corrected some grammatical mistakes.

Edited 19/04/2022