Chapter 6 (Edited)

After half an hour, Taemin, Jinki, Minho, and Aera arrived at the hospital, where they saw Jonghyun leaning against the wall.

Taemin approached Jonghyun and asked, "How is Key Hyung doing now?"

Jonghyun gave a cold look at Aera before answering Taemin's question, "A bit fine. He was in pain so the doctor gave him sleep medicine and his anti-allergy medicine. So now he is asleep."

Jinki nodded and asked, "Thank you for taking him here. I panicked and didn't know what to do. As a leader, not being able to handle the situation was my fault."

Jonghyun sighed as he shook his head, "It was not at all your fault. You don't need to blame yourself. You did whatever you could, unlike someone." The last part was said while looking at Minho who guiltily lowered his head.

Recalling the past events, Jinki and Taemin realized that Minho really didn't do anything to help Kibum, instead, he was busy consoling his girlfriend, who was partly at the fault for this situation.

Knowing that as a Leader, this was the place for him to step in, Jinki said, "Minho I think we need to talk, PRIVATELY." He put emphasis on the last word while glancing between Minho and Aera.

Minho nodded and he was dragged towards the emergency staircase, When they were alone, Jinki began to speak, "I know you are dating someone right now, I-no-We really doesn't have a problem with it. And there really wasn't anything you could do to help Kibum BUT at least you could've been there for him, instead of going and taking care of his Girlfriend. Minho, the one who needed the care was Kibum and not her. Do you even realize how hurt Kibum could've been when you were not even paying him any attention?"

After listening to Jinki's words, Minho mumbled, "I am sorry." He really was, he felt so much guilt, and there was this pain in his heart and when Jonghyun left with Kibum, Minho felt so much regret, the thoughts like 'Why wasn't I the one to carry him?', 'Why did I not pay any attention to him?', 'Is he okay?' , 'I should have been the one to take him to the hospital' went inside his mind, so he immediately called a cab to go to the hospital but because of traffic, he was late.

Jinki sighed after hearing Minho and patted him on the back, "Let's go back."

***

When Kibum blinked his eyes open, the light blinded him but he could still make out where he was. His head ached badly and the voices of people talking around him didn't make it any better.

He then heard someone talking beside him, "Kibum ah~ I am sorry. I should have paid more attention to you than to Aera. I am really sorry." The voice was way too familiar and it made him recall past events. He then looked to the side to find Minho who was holding his hand.

He really liked the warmth of Minho's rough hands and didn't want to let go but he couldn't let Minho blame himself so he said hoarsely, "Minho~ It's not your fault. It's okay."

Seeing that his best friend was awake, Minho got up and asked, "Kibum are you okay?" Minho's eyes were of concern which Kibum feel secure but then he remembered the cold gaze Minho gave him earlier and the pain in his heart was back. He pulled his hand back from Minho's grasp and sat up. Minho noticed that and frowned, he was about to speak when Kibum said, "Minho I didn't think that your girlfriend was doing it on purpose. I didn't know the cupcakes had almonds in them. I am so---"

Before Kibum could complete his sentence Minho leaned forward and pulled him into a tight hug, "I know." These two words made Kibum want to cry and he said in a low voice, "But you were angry. Your eyes...."

Minho interrupted again, "Yes I was angry because you ate that cupcake. Because I thought you were playing with your life. Promise me you will check before eating."