Chapter 4 (Edited)

Controlling his heart, Kibum took a shower and went back to his room, the light in the room was dim and he saw Minho sitting on his bed, wearing glasses and reading a book.

He went and sat on the edge of his bed, rubbing his hair using his towel as he said, "It's not good for your eyes to read in dim lights." Hearing this, the younger glanced up from his book as he said, "Yeah I know. I just randomly picked this book up."

They both sat in silence right now, with Minho looking at his book while Kibum looking at Minho, his heart ached as his feelings started to increase once more. It was so so so difficult for him to pretend everything was normal but he had to do it. He controlled the urge to sigh as he sat at the head of the bed and picked his phone up from the bedside table.

Kibum started scrolling through Instagram, looking at puppy videos, he loved dogs but since this was a shared space it was not okay to have pets.

Minho closed his book and placed it on the shared bedside table. He was ready for Kibum to yell at him to not clutter the table but after waiting for seconds, it didn't happen. Kibum didn't even notice it, he was busy scrolling through his phone.

Seeing that, made Minho sigh as he softly asked, "Is it alright if I turn the lights off?" Kibum looked up from his phone and gave a small nod. Minho didn't expect this either. Normally Kibum would say, "Not now. This is too early." And Minho would have hated it. He would get annoyed and they both would argue. But that didn't happen either.

I should be happy that we are not arguing but why doesn't it feel right? It feels like some important part of my life is slowly disappearing. What is going on I can't understand. I think I should better sleep for now.

Minho slowly drifted to sleep yet Kibum was awake. He looked at Minho though he couldn't actually see him in the dark he could feel his presence. He could hear soft snores coming from Minho. Yes, this is right. I should be a nice friend to you. You are happy with your girlfriend and I shouldn't snatch that happiness from you even if it means I have to suffer. I love you Minho. I really do. Goodnight. Hope you could dream about the person you love.

He too kept his phone away and pulled the blankets up as he went to sleep. That night he has a dream in which he and Minho were living in an apartment, they were living a normal life. In the dream, Kibum was cooking something and Minho entered the house coming back from work. He placed the bag in his hand on the table then went and hugged Kibum from behind, nuzzling his face in Kibum's neck, inhaling the smell. And then he pecked Kibum on his neck and they brushed their lips together.

The next morning, Kibum woke up and realized that it was just a dream, yet he still found this dream wonderful. It was perfect. He saw that Minho was still sleeping so he slowly and carefully walked towards the door and went to the living room, shutting the door behind him with a soft 'thud'

That small 'thud' woke Minho up, who groggily rubbed his eyes, he remembered his dreams, in which he and Kibum went shopping, he bought Kibum a locket which earned him a soft smile from the older.

He didn't even realize that he was smiling as he too went out of his room and into the kitchen to see Kibum sitting at the island, drinking his coffee, because he wore a loose t-shirt, so his pale neck and a part of the collarbone was exposed, thinking back to his dream, Minho thought, Maybe I should really buy him a necklace. It would look good on his neck.

Minho found nothing wrong with his track of thoughts as he went to the bathroom to clean up. A few minutes later, he was done as he came out wearing a black T-shirt and Track pants. Seeing Minho come out, Kibum got up and went to shower. And when he was done, he came out wearing a black turtle neck with black jeans and a beige long cardigan over it.

Minho was sitting in the kitchen, eating bread and butter (A/N: pls people Idk what Koreans eat for breakfast) saw Kibum come out looking like that and it made him freeze for a second before he asked, "Do you want to have some?"

"Yeah sure," Kibum said as he pulled the chair and sat on it. They both continued eating silently and when the other members arrived and saw that, they were shocked, to say the least. All three of them had the same thought in their mind, 'Did they have a serious fight and aren't willing to talk to each other?'

Jonghyun whispered to other members, "These two are eating quietly! Am I dreaming? Did they fight? You guys heard anything?"

Jinki then said in a hushed whisper, "I told you, let's not make share the same room, you and Kibum could have shared, but no you wanted the room to yourself."

Taemin looked at his hyungs and asked in a worried tone, "What should we do?"

Jonghyun sighed as he said, "First we should-" However his words were left unsaid when Kibum asked Minho to pass the jam and Minho did with a smile on his face.

This was even more shocking them seeing the fighting.

Taemin rubbed his eyes as he said, "I think I am still dreaming......" He said that as he turned to leave for his shared room with Jinki.

Jinki nodded as he too felt this was unreal, Jonghyun was rubbing his eyes, again and again, to confirm what he was watching was real.

Their train of thought was interrupted when the doorbell rang and suddenly Kibum had a bad feeling in his gut.

Jinki was the one to open the door and this time he recognized the person in front of him, "Oh...Aera-sshi! Come in come in!"

Aera walked in with a smile as she greeted everyone except Kibum who went unnoticed by everyone.
__________
Rei's Note:-

Okay, I kinda had to change a lot of things in this chapter, the one thing I changed was Minho and Kibum getting the same dream. I thought about it, and this is only chapter 4 and it seemed kinda out of place for both of them to get the same dream and Minho to develop feelings for Kibum out of nowhere.

Edited: 03/02/2023