Chapter 9 (Edited)

Minho was washing the dishes they used, Kibum said he can do it but Minho said since he is sick he should take proper rest.

Kibum couldn't and then went to talk with Jonghyun who has just finished the call with their manager, "What did the manager-nim say?"

Jonghyun kept his phone back in his pocket and said, "Well he said to take care of you and that we should take a week off since we have been working our ass off for a while now."

"Really? A week? Wow!!" Taemin came barging in.

"Yes, A week. But he said not to eat unhealthy stuff and maintain your diet properly. Because After one week we will go on a variety show so we can't look fat there." Jonghyun said completing their manager's words.

"Okay Then. A week is good at least I can rest and visit a few friends." Kibum said as he sat down on the couch. Jonghyun sat beside him, their thighs touching, and Jonghyun's arm behind Kibum.

It was a normal position, they didn't mind sitting close, both of them were like family, It didn't really matter how they sat, how they look, after all, they spend too much time with each other.

Minho returned from the kitchen after doing the dishes and saw them and his lips twitched, he had the sudden urge to yank away Jonghyun's arm, he clenched his hand as he asked, "Shouldn't you just stay at home? You must be tired."

"Yeah, that's true. I'll just go visit my parents and then come back." Kibum said, looking at him with a smile on his face which made a giddy feeling appear in Minho's stomach, he too smiled and said, "Then I'll prepare a fruit basket for uncle and aunty."

Kibum nodded, "Okay."

This has always been this way. Whenever any of them visit their parents, others would prepare fruits or food for the parents, It's like a Shinee paying respect thing. Sometimes they visit together and other times prepare gifts.

"I'll also help prepare the fruits basket," Jonghyun said.

"Me too." Taemin joined in and Kibum thanked everyone.

Then the topic drifted about Jinki working too hard, how Kibum should be careful, how Minho should just stop nagging, they all kept talking and Minho was now sitting beside Kibum on the couch, his hand on Kibum's neck, scratching it lightly then rolling circles on it and then his thumb caressing it.

Kibum shuddered at the action, Minho felt the shudder and looked at Kibum realizing what he was doing, normally he should have pulled his hand back and apologized, but there was a voice in his head that told him to keep going, so he did.

Kibum saw Minho's look of realization and he thought he would pull his hand back now but he didn't, he kept caressing his skin which the older was sure that has turned red, then he felt Minho tugging at his collar, and and slipping finger on his lower neck and touched there, Kibum was now staring at the younger who was smiling and talking to Taemin as is he isn't doing anything.

Minho saw the Kibum's whole neck has turned red and he offhandedly thought how low the red would spread, as soon as the thought came to his mind he pulled his hand back in shock.

He wanted to touch Kibum again, 'one more time won't hurt' his mind provided and he didn't think and touched Kibum's neck again and as soon as he did, Kibum stood up and moved away, "I am gonna go sleep. I am too tired."

"Yeah, you should. goodnight." Jonghyun said as he ruffled Kibum's hair.

Kibum smiled at him and moved towards his room as Minho stared at his back, a sort of guilt and some sort of pleasure in his mind when he thought about what he was doing a minute ago.

'But Kibum didn't refuse.' His mind provided again.

This time though he didn't listen to his mind again, he thought how Kibum must have felt uncomfortable at his weird actions, he doesn't know why he did that, he just wanted to touch Kibum. He decided he will apologize to Kibum.

***

It was only after 30 minutes that Minho could enter his room, he saw Kibum sitting and looking at his phone, he sat down on his bed and after thinking for a while he said, "Kibum I am sorry about earlier."

Kibum kind of knew what Minho was talking about, and if he was being honest, he liked what Minho was doing, feeling guilt for his own feelings, he didn't look up to meet Minho's eyes and continued to stare at his phone, "It's okay."

Minho thought if Kibum was saying it was okay then it must be since he doesn't look angry otherwise normally the older would fight him, but now he didn't. So hopefully it really was okay.

Then he started to talk to Aera who was constantly texting him.

A few minutes later, he said, "Aera asked what kind of cake you like so she would bake it as an apology."

Kibum finally looked at Minho and asked, "And what did you reply?"

He internally thought She would probably find a way to put poison in it too.

Minho replied, "I told her that you like Strawberry cake."

Kibum smiled, "You know my taste. Good job." The thought of Minho knowing his favorite flavor made him happy, and Minho too laughed at Kibum's comment. Feeling proud that he said the right thing. But the thought of eating the cake scared him.

The silence came again.

Kibum had always had a question he wanted to ask and now decided to do it, "Minho what do you like about her?" Kibum didn't say the name knowing it would ruin the taste in his mouth.

Minho thought for a second. Why do I like her?

Minho after thinking for a while said, "She is beautiful, her cooking is also good, she has a nice sense of clothes, she is cute, she is intelligent and mature." Key also has all these qualities actually he is best at everything. He is just so perfect.

While Minho didn't even realize that he was comparing both of them, Kibum felt a fit of serious jealousy running through him. 'Minho really likes her a lot.'

Not wanting to continue the conversation any further, Kibum kept his phone away and said, "Minho let's sleep."

Minho looked at Kibum who was already laying on the bed, "Already?"

Kibum hummed, "I am tired."

Minho turned the lights off and lay on the bed. His smile vanished as he thought of Kibum on the hospital bed. He shuddered. He was too scared at that time. He felt like crying but couldn't cry. He had to be calm and.......

Minho felt like crying and mumbled, "Kim Kibum Please don't scare me like that again."

Kibum heard this and muttered, "I am sorry."

You don't need to apologize. I should be the one. I should have realized earlier that the cake had almonds. Thinking of it Did Aera really didn't know that Kibum is allergic to Almonds?

She said so herself that he missed it. Yeah, why would someone like her do it deliberately?

Minho started to have a doubt but then he brushed it off thinking its nothing. Even if he says so on the front but deep inside there was a seed of suspension growing in his heart
___________________
Author's Note:-

I don't know what is Kibum's favorite cake. So I mentioned strawberry which is my favorite cake. I mean who doesn't love strawberries?

Edit: This chapter was somehow the hardest to edit. Too many mistakes and in this chapter there wasn't anything interesting. Everything was super boring so I had to edit most of it.