Chapter 2: (Edited)

Kibum softly opened the door to his room, trying not to wake Minho up. He really wanted to avoid talking to Minho right now.

First, Minho will kill him.
Second, he wants to avoid talking to Minho right now.

However, as soon as Kibum entered the room, the light was turned on, and Minho was sitting on the bed, glaring at him.

Oh great! So much for avoiding him!

Kibum averted his gaze from Minho and greeted him awkwardly, "Hey," earning him a glare from the other, "Where have you been all this time?" It's 11:18 right now. "Do you know how worried I was?"

Minho wasn't lying; he really was. It started with Kibum's unusual behaviour in the afternoon, then he stopped answering calls, and now he's arrived this late at night. Obviously, Minho was worried. Everyone would be.

The younger got out of bed and faced Kibum; the distance between them was less than a meter, and their bodies were almost touching.Kibum barely managed to calm his heart down at the sudden proximity.

Because of the distance, Minho's eyes fell on tear stains and Kibum's swollen eyes. He frowned as something pained his heart; he didn't like seeing Kibum in this condition. All of his anger vanished, and concern took over. "Key, did you cry?" You did cry, judging from your face. Why did you cry? Is everything alright? Are you having problems? Want to talk about it? "You know you can tell me everything."

Minho rambled on and moved his hands towards Kibum's face, but the older man moved away from Minho's hand, leaving it hanging in midair, and said, "I cried because I was watching a very sad movie with my old friend while drinking." Don't worry about me. "As you said, it's late." "Let's go to sleep." Kibum knew it was a lousy excuse, but he hoped that Minho would buy the lie. He didn't want to talk about anything right now.

Kibum didn't look at Minho; he opened his closet, grabbed his clothes, and went to the bathroom to quickly change into them. He then laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. not saying a word to Minho.

Minho sat on his bed, watching Kibum's every moment. He had a weird feeling.

Something is definitely wrong with him. Why can't he tell me? I told him my biggest secret, so why can't he? And who is this old friend of his? I am worried.

However, he couldn't force the older man to say anything, so Minho turned off the lights and lay on his bed. His thoughts were filled with Kibum and the so-called old friend, whom he thought was bullying Kibum. Minho didn't realise that he didn't think about his girlfriend at all.

Even when he closed his eyes, Kibum's tear-stained face appeared. He hoped that Kibum would open up to him. He wanted to help him.

***

The next day, Shinee was practising their choreography when there was a knock on the door. Jinki turned the music down and went to open the door. I was wondering who it was at this hour.

When he opened the door, he noticed a girl standing there.She was tall, slim, had long hair, red lips, a small face, and was wearing decent but elegant clothes.

Jinki asked, "Yes?"

"You are Onew, right?" the girl asked, smiling as she approached him. "My name is Aera." Her voice was soft and sweet.

Two people in this room knew this girl. They were Minho and Kibum, but they both had different reactions when they heard her name. Minho was happy, while Kibum was obviously sad. His heart felt as if thousands of needles were pricking it.

Minho immediately went to the door and asked his girlfriend to come in, then he locked the door again. The girl walked in with a smile on her face, her long hair bouncing on her shoulders with every step she took. She was gorgeous, and Kibum wanted to cry again. Because he felt that Minho would obviously want a beautiful girl like her and not a guy like him, he held his tears in and masked them with a fake smile, which he was good at. After all, he was an idol. Controlling his emotions was no big deal for him.

Minho introduced his girlfriend to other members, saying, "Guys, this is Aera, my girlfriend." I know you guys are shocked, and I am sorry for this sudden news and for not telling you this sooner. I have been dating Aera for two months. "I wanted to tell you guys earlier, but I wasn't prepared."

Jinki, Taemin, and Jonghyun's mouths were agape. They all gasped. They assured Minho it was fine before they started asking Minho various questions like, "When did you two meet?" What do you like about each other? and questions like that.

However, Kibum stayed silent all the time. He was not interested; it was not that he hated the girl or something; why would he hate someone he barely knew? It's just that he felt regret. Maybe if he had confessed his feelings earlier, Minho would've dated him. Or at least he wouldn't have to hide his feelings until they hurt him.

Minho noticed that Kibum was not asking anything. Is it because all he wanted to ask was answered, or is it because of something else?

Whatever the reason, Minho's whole attention was on Kibum and not on his girlfriend. Aera noticed this; she saw her boyfriend continuously looking at "Key" and felt that something was not right. She always had a weird feeling about the relationship between Kibum and Minho because of how unusually close they were.

After a while, Aera left because of her schedule. Shinee continued with their practice for a while, and then everyone started to leave. The only people left in the room were Minho and Kibum.
______________
Rei's Note:-

Honestly this fic so many mistakes which is making me annoyed. Not only with grammar with scenes too. So I've been correcting them too. So there still might be mistakes but at least the cringey part is lessened. 

Don't forget to vote and comment. You may think it's a small thing, but for me, it's huge. It is a type of encouragement to me. Please, then, vote.

Edited 02/02/2023