Chapter Eight (Edited)

Warning this Chapter descripts acts of violence as well as sexual content. please be advised.

Leave a comment and remember to vote!

>><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><<

   Songs that inspired this slightly spicy chapter:

Electric - Alina Baraz FT. Khalid

Video attached on my Soundtrack post!

  >><><><><><>><><<><><<><><><<  

"...because the past was always

around her and might return at any time.

It prowled the world searching for her,

and she knew it was growing angrier

at each passing day."

-Nicholas Sparks

                                            ABBIE

Could he seriously be any more adorable? My heart leaps as I take in the sore sight of a man in uniform, sporting an oil and dirt stain shirt from a hard day's work, demanding dinner at my door. But not just any man, my man, Wyatt. Seeing him, now, after all this time, confirms all my doubts and questions. There was something there in the cabin after all.

"I- I'd love that, where to? Should I change? "

I can see his nerves wash away with my answer, his brows lift, and that famous dimple makes its appearance as he shoots me an excited smile. 

"Ha, well, I honestly didn't get that far, I was worried you'd say no." he chuckles, removing one hand from his pocket, running it over his neck before continuing. 

"Oh uh, this is yours, I figured they were important to you." Pulling something wedged between his arm and side, extending his arm pass the door jamb to offer it back.

My journal. Tucked in the middle wedged between two of my mama's novels, A Christmas Promise and Chicken Soup for the Soul. I wondered if he had any idea that what rested, hidden in the center of these bound books, were my entries about him. Pages full of late-night entries, spilling how I felt in that very moment. Swooning over his laugh, how my heart melted when he spoke about his mama before she passed. The attraction I felt the first time he brushed against my skin.

"You kinda left in a hurry for work, and I never got a chance to ask you if you were seeing anyone, Ar- Are you?"

I blush, turning on my heel, why am I so giddy, I'm comfortable around Wyatt. Halfway to my room, I turn to answer "No", Content to see he has followed me in. But I miss his facial reaction as he turns around to shut the door, still his body language in itself speaks volumes, his tense shoulders relax and he leans into the door, and he ever so subtly does a fist motion in his victory as he pushes away to pivot around.

"Abs"

"In here, I'm just grabbing a jacket"

By the time I walk out from my closet. Wyatt has already made his way into my room. He places his hand on my shoulders and runs them down the length of my arms, stopping near my elbows.