Chapter Ten (Edited)

I just wanted to give a quicks thanks to all my readers for coming this far with me into my writing journey. I have enjoyed this more than I could have ever imagined.  This book have gone farther that I originally planned. So please keep reading and remember to vote❤

>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<

"But this is how reality works,

men aren't literary heroes,

they don't change overnight, and

no one does anything right here in the real world.

I'm no Darcy and she's no Elizabeth."

-Anna Todd, After

>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<

        ABBIE

Bring me a box when you come back." Liv shouts over her shoulder as I exit the spare bedroom to retrieve us some bottles of water. Unpacking is a workout, and I don't remember having so much junk nor how I could have accumulated all of it is such a short period of time.

 It was too hard for Liv to move back into our apartment since her assault. Plus staying with the guys has been nice and gives us both a peace of mind. The house they rent is double the size of our once tiny apartment and has a mature yard, complete with a large covered patio surrounded by big ponderosa pines. Gorgeous, but not comparable to the lovely live oaks like back home. This cute tucked away estate luckily doesn't have a construction site out of each window like ours. And the kitchen, without a doubt, is a step up all on its own. Beautifully dark marbled grey countertops rested on top of white washed cabinets with a slim matching pocket door to a small walk in pantry, finished with timeless yet out dated "vintage" appliances including a gas stove and an oven that actually works. 

Handing her a bottle. "So, Sean called again? Did he ask you out?"

Snatching the water, Liv turns up her nose "Hm, yes, he called, and before you ask no, I don't know my answer yet."

Giggling "Someone's snappy today, now talk to me, why not, have you not seen him?"

Plopping herself on the bed, Liv turns into a little schoolgirl letting out a squeal as she grabs my arm with excitement. "Oh my god! Duh! His facial hair is swoon worthy and he is so adorable with those glasses! But you don't think it's too cliche to date a Cop? You know like the idea of dating someone for their profession, like a doctor or lawyer?"

"Correction, Detective." I tease her while doing a hair flip for extra flare before answering back.

"And cliché? You goob! That's your excuse? Are you worried people might actually think you would date him just for his career choice? Like to use him?"

Well yea, I actually like him Abs. I don't want to mess this up! I just don't want him ever thinking I'd date him to get out of a parking ticket or something."

Oh sweetie, I'm sure he doesn't think that of you. Plus, the idea of being used is probably something he has considered in the pass with a job like that. The fact that he is choosing to pursue you tells me he is willing to take that chance. You've probably got the poor guy nervous, thinking something is wrong with him."