Chapter Two

◜ ༄ ◞

◜ ༄ ◞

________________

Chapter Two

The Guardians
________________

◜ ༄ ◞

Being back in the small reservation was weird for Rena. She was no longer used to small town living, having only stayed in cities for nearly three years. She was used to nature and being away from the bustle of life in that sense, but that was something she did for herself, this wasn't.

She was regretting returning in the first place. She should have known that they would have talked her into staying for a few days. That's one of the reasons why she never came back for those years. That, and she more or less wasn't allowed to anymore. She had gotten herself mixed up into some bad things that she didn't want to bring around her loved ones.

So much for that.

The girl was currently sorting through her bag in the bathroom later that night. She had spent the entire day spending time with her father and sister, catching up on everything she's missed. There wasn't too much that she's missed besides Rachel graduating from collage, which she already knew about from the short phones calls, and Harry Clearwater's passing. She was shocked to hear that the man she grew up around had passed, never really expecting him to pass so young. She made a mental note to visit the Clearwater's before she left in two days.

Rena huffed in irritation as she continued to carve through the pages of the old journal she had, making it hallow inside. The black leather journal that could be locked was something she had gotten a few months back, something she could write her thoughts in. Unfortunately it never actually got written in.

Carefully cutting out the necessary pages, she was finally done. She stuffed the unused paper back into her bag before picking up the small, leather cigar case and placed it inside the journal carefully before shutting the book and latching the lock. She placed the journal underneath her clothing and other items before zipping the bag shut and standing up.

She picked the bag up and pulled it over her shoulder before pulling open the door. A gasp passed her lips and she stumbled backwards when she noticed the male standing there, not having expected anyone to be awake at that hour.

"Sorry," He chuckled, pushing himself away from the wall where he had been waiting to speak to her. "Didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, after your attitude today I highly doubt that." She scoffed, switching off the bathroom light and pushing passed him, walking down the narrow hallway.

"I just want to talk." Jacob followed her into the living room and took a seat on the recliner while she sat down on the couch, getting ready to sleep.