Chapter Six

◜ ༄ ◞

◜ ༄ ◞

________________

Chapter Six

The Guardians

________________

◜ ༄ ◞

Rena breathed, her eyes snapping open in a rush. She was lying on her side, facing the light blue wall that had a picture of a wolf on it hanging over the wall the bed was pushed up against. She cleared her throat and turned onto her back, the scent of coffee and food whiffing up from the kitchen. A groan rumbled in the back of her throat when she sat up, her body still aching, though she felt slightly better than the night prior. Her stomach though, it hurt the most as it rumbled in hunger, demanding to be given something, anything.

She carefully pushed herself up from the bed and stretched her arms over her head before standing up. Before she pulled the closed door open, she could hear the voices talking in the front of the house. She carefully walked across the hallway and went into the bathroom, quietly shutting and locking the door behind herself. Rena cringed when she saw herself in the mirror. She had dark bags lining around her eyes, making her kind of resemble a panda, messy hair, and her complexion was drained of any color.

Rena pulled open the medicine cabinet and searched through it until she found some toothpaste. She put some on her finger before putting the tube back inside mirror shelf before closing it. She attempted to brush her teeth with her finger, hoping to get the gross taste out of her mouth, while turning on the tap water. Rena couldn't help herself but to chuckle when she saw the amount of tooth brushes in two separate toothbrush holders; all labeled with names of the people who probably stayed the night there frequently.

Quil. Jar. Paul. Bry. Claire. Sophie. Seth. Rach. Kim. Jake.

That was no doubt Emily's doing.

She rinsed out her mouth and washed her face, unfortunately for her skin having to use hand soap, and used the sleeves of her shirt to dry her face before she pulled her hair up and secured it with a pink hairband she found in the medicine cabinet in a small jar filled with others like it in multiple colors.

Once she felt that she looked presentable enough, she switched the light off and walked out of the bathroom. While walking through the living room, she found her shoes lying by the recliner and pulled them on quickly before continuing into the kitchen.

Emily, Sam, Quil and a small child were all sitting around the table eating breakfast. The toddler that was sitting on Quil's lap was the first to visionally notice Rena enter the kitchen.

"Ray!" The toddler said excitedly, jumping off of the males lap and rushing towards Rena, holding her arms up while waiting to be picked up.

"That's not Rachel, Claire. That's her sister Rena." Emily chuckled, starting to stand from the chair she was sitting on to grab her niece, not wanting her to bother Rena.