~Prologue~

╔══════════════ - ˏˋ ♛ ˊˎ - ══════════════╗

BE MY VOICE IN THIS PRESENT DARKNESS

﹙ prologue ﹚

╚══════════════ - ˏˋ ♛ ˊˎ - ══════════════╝

My voice drowned out in the thunder

Song for the chapter:

『 ▶ The Longships  (Enya) 』

As Legolas rode down the elven path in Mirkwood, he noticed it was getting ever darker. This wasn't normal, even for Mirkwood. Something was wrong. He felt watched, like something was boring its eyes into his back. He used his elf eyes to scan the path around him and saw a cloaked figure riding about twenty to thirty metres behind him. Legolas breathed a sigh of relief. It was probably one of the errand runners of his Adar's palace, taking with him something that Legolas had forgotten.

Legolas smiled, that was so like his Adar. Then he frowned. Looking for a second time, the rider was not of Mirkwood. He had a black cloak pulled over himself, and the horse was black too.

"Valar," Legolas thought anxiously. "Please do not let it be a servant of Sauron."

He didn't want to say Ringwraith.

As they drew closer together, the rider hailed him.

"Excuse me, but does this path lead to the edge of the forest?"

The voice was soft and melodious. Legolas realized the rider was a woman.

"Not a Ringwraith, maybe another servant of Sauron?" he wondered. "No, I haven't heard of a woman working for Sauron."

While he was debating this, the strange woman rode up closer to him.

"Where are you going?" she asked, pulling back her hood. Revealing the most beautiful elleth that Legolas had ever seen.

Legolas had seen many beautiful ellith in his life, but none quite like this. Her hair was as black as a raven's wing. Her lips were soft and full. In a way, they reminded Legolas of roses, for they were so red. Her skin was flawless in every way, and it was almost white, it was so pale, Though, in this light, it looked slightly grey. Her delicate little nose was charming in every respect. Her eyes were beautiful, being of an almond shape, with a deep gold colour, and long dark lashes.

"To Imladris," said Legolas, with faux calm.

"Ah," the strange elleth replied. "I am going there too, to see a friend."

"Really?" Legolas knew that there were not many visits between Imladris and Mirkwood, so the news that this strange elleth, who was clearly not one of his Adar's court, was going there, surprised him.

"Would you like me to escort you?" he asked, feeling this was the proper thing to say.

"I would feel honoured to be escorted by a Prince of Mirkwood," she said, smiling a little.

"You knew this how?" Legolas arched an eyebrow.

She shrugged, then smiled prettily and said, "I saw the insignia on your saddle."

"Hm," said Legolas, only half believing her.

═══════ - ˏˋ ♛ ˊˎ - ═══════