Chapter 5

Owens POV:

"Lucas, my sweetheart, I'm on my way home. I will be there in a few minutes okay?"

Hearing her speak to the person on the other end of the phone with so much love in her voice shook me to my core. It made my heart clench as I felt my blood go cold, my heart thumping in my ears. Why was this affecting me like this? I was never this unnerved by any other female, so why was she having such an affect on me? I couldn't stop myself from feeling angry at the tone of her voice when she answered the phone. I sneaked a glance at her and saw the love emanating from her person.

Who was this Lucas? Is this her boyfriend? I thought to myself. Of course she has someone, she is breathtaking. But what man would let their woman ride a bike to work and ride it home in the dark when anything could happen to her?

She pointed to her apartment complex that was beyond the tree line, snapping me out of my thoughts. I internally groaned. Pulling into the parking lot, she quickly hopped out and went around back to grab her bike, quickly declining my help and I watched her walk away from me without a glance back.

I let out a frustrated groan as I put the jeep in drive and headed out towards my home. I couldn't get the sound of her voice out of my head as she spoke on the phone. I needed to get her out of my head. There was no point in pursuing her if she was already taken. Taking my phone out, I scrolled through the many names in there and came across Monicas' number.

She answered on the second ring, "hey babe." Her voice was sickly sweet, nothing compared to Avas', I thought to myself. Fuck. I had to get her out of my mind.

"My place. 15 minutes." I didn't wait for her reply as I hung up, speeding off into the night. I was going to fuck Ava out of my system, with Monicas' body.

***a/n:

This chapter is shorter than normal. Let me know what you think!

Comment, vote, follow.