Chapter 7

Owens POV:

**1 week later**

It had been a week since I drove her home. I had fucked Monica every day since then but I couldn't get her out of my mind. I saw her eyes everywhere and heard her voice in my sleep. I couldn't forget her even though I tried.

I found myself in meetings at my company, not paying attention to what the other members of the board had to say because I was too focused on remembering her eyes, lips and petite frame. I needed to see her again.

That's how I found myself driving to Millies' diner on a Saturday morning even though I wasn't hungry, for food anyways. Hopping out of my jeep, I glanced around and I noticed that I didn't see her bike chained up. Walking in through the front door, I heard the creaking that made me cringe the last time and I looked around as I stepped inside. She wasn't out in the open, but maybe she was in the kitchen. An older lady walked from the back with a smile on her face to greet me. I grimaced slightly as she approached.

"Welcome to Millies'. Will it be only you today?" she asked politely.

I nodded and followed her as she lead me to a booth.

"I'm Millie, the owner. Samantha will be your server today," the woman stated, smiling. As she started to turn away, I reached my hand out to stop her.

"Ma'am. I was wondering if Ava could be my server today?" I asked, trying to not sound like a threat.

She stared at me, her lips set in a firm line. She eyed me suspiciously. I chuckled in my mind, she didn't trust me either.

"Why do you want Ava?" she crossed her arms over her chest. The warm and fuzzy pretense was gone and replaced with a motherly-type protection.

I smiled at her in a nonthreatening way, "I was just curious. I met her the last time I was here."

She didn't move and her eyes didn't falter. "She's not here today." With that, she turned on her heels and walked towards the kitchen. Another woman with long red hair came out of the kitchen, I assumed was Samantha. Glancing back towards the pick up window, I saw Millie speaking with a man, and they both glanced in my direction before resuming their conversations.

She was warning him to watch out for me.

After finishing my breakfast, I left a tip for Samantha and thanked her for her service before heading for the front door. I was aware of two sets of eyes on the back of my retreating figure. I chuckled quietly so they wouldn't hear me. I'm sure they were going to warn Ava about me asking about her.

Climbing into my jeep, I decided that I would drive by her apartment. Maybe I would catch a glimpse of this Lucas person that she was talking to. Maybe I could intimidate him and get her out of his clutches. I smirked as I drove down the winding country road.

Pulling into the parking lot, I noticed the bike chained to the bike rack and a jolt went through me. Parking my jeep, I got out and started to head towards the front of the building when I heard a child giggle and then I heard that voice laughing. Her laugh was beautiful. I followed the entrancing sound towards a playground that was behind the apartment complex and off to the back of the yard. My breathing stopped as I took in her beauty.

Her hair was in a messy bun ontop of her head, she was wearing black leggings and a blue shirt that went right below her ass but made her breasts pop out. She was the most beautiful woman I had seen. My look of longing slowly faded when I saw her scoop up a toddler into her arms. She was obviously familiar with this child. He was someone important to her.

Maybe she was babysitting as well as waitressing? I thought to myself.

Then I heard her say, "mommy loves you," and my world came crashing down.