12

~listen to blue & grey on repeat while reading this chapter, trust me it really sets the mood^

Taehyung walked out the store his hands stuffed into his pockets, feeling exhausted. Both physically and mentally.

Hoseok had left him a while ago, claiming he had to cram in a few hours of studying before heading to bed as he had exams coming soon.

The two had been hitting it off pretty good, the older hadn't once mentioned his soulmates or even gotten to the topic.

The past week had been amazing to the younger, he felt like he could finally breath.

Spending time with Hoseok turned out to be just what he needed to get his mind off the two people his whole being was craving. Something ached inside him. Something felt so wrong, so invalid but Taehyung couldn't tell what. He tried to pin point the cause for this unexplained pain but failed. Everything felt so confused, just like a jumbled set of a puzzles.

Every fiber in his whole being, craved his soulmates to the point that it was almost painful. And that was the con of being connected to a person; soul and all. You absolutely cannot stay away from them without knowing that they're okay.

Taehyung hadn't heard from Jin since that day. To be honest, he hadn't heard from anyone because he simply couldn't bring himself to enter the company.

It hurt too much, to look at the place and feel the cold glares his soulmates gave him the last time.

He couldn't do it, Taehyung couldn't enter the company to face rejection. All he ever desires unconditional, unlimited love and to be loved for who he is, not what he can be made into. Taehyung wanted someone who would love him for being himself.

A month, that's how long it had been.

370 hours without his soulmates and he felt himself going crazy.

He couldn't help himself from wondering, shouldn't they feel something. Yeah, of course they had each other but shouldn't they at least be able to feel his absence?

Did they really hate Taehyung that much, after spending two days with him?

He's afraid— afraid of their reaction, scared of rejection. Terrified of the outcomes.

Call him a coward but he couldn't do it.

Did Jimin and Jungkook really fake all those nicknames and affectionate gestures?

Did they know that he's been starved of affection his whole life? Did they want to play some sick game with him as the puppet?

Knowing that he's too weak to fight back?

...

Before I knew it I was crying, hot tears welled up in my eyes as they cascaded down my cheeks. The night sky seemed to mirror my emotions as it started pelting rain down on me.

Cliché huh?

Crying in the rain.

But I couldn't help it, I'd been through way too much. Way too much at a young age