Chapter 2

'Morning', Lorraine.'

The girl was walking, lost in her own thoughts when someone called her from behind. She was already smiling when she turned around, after she recognized the voice. Ed was grinning with happiness as he was holding his backpack on one shoulder.

'Hi there,' she said and continued her road with him next to her. 'Who would have thought you are a punctual person?'

'I decided to make an exception today. Mind if I join you?'

She didn't answer for a few seconds, looking at him like she was considering to answer 'no'. Then she laughed and Ed relaxed.

'Of course I don't.'

They continued walking and Ed thought about a question he really wanted to ask her. Yet, he wasn't sure if he should.

'What's on your mind? I can tell that something bothers you.'

'How?'

She bit her lip shortly and looked at the ground.

'I just do. It's like a feeling.'

The corners of his mouth rose. The girl was becoming more interesting by each minute they spent together. And a bit mysterious.

'Well, I was wondering why you didn't want to stay with me yesterday,' he said after a few seconds. 'And why you avoided the question before.'

'Oh...'

She was obviously confused, not knowing what to answer without making him feel bad. If only he would have known how much she wanted to spend time with him. But things were a bit more complicated than he thought.

Before she could form an answer the two got to the front of the high school and stopped to look at each other. Ed noticed the way looked around herself at the way people were throwing them glares. However, he didn't care about it, like he didn't care about the mean rumors he had heard about her.

'You don't want to be seen with me, Ed,' she said with a low voice and a sad look. 'Trust me.'

'Why are you saying that?'

'I think we both know why I am saying that. I have to go now.'

She smiled to him once again before leaving and he watched her until she walked inside the building and got out of his eyesight. "I am going to prove her that I am not thinking like others do" he thought with determination.

'What's with that look in your eyes?'

Adam, his best friend came to him and watched him amused.

'What look?'

'Like you've just been mesmerized,' his friend answered with a smirk on his face and ran before Ed could slap him playfully.

'Maybe I've been,' he murmured to himself before following Adam into the building, rolling his eyes and smiling.

Lorraine took her plate and turned around to see the entire cafeteria. Now, that was a challenge. Where could she find a calm spot to read and avoid the mean girls?

She was glad when she found a table in a corner of the room and spent a few minutes in silence. However, reading was hard when her mind kept running to Warren. What did he do to her that she just couldn't take him off her mind? And just like she somehow called him, Ed came to her table with a plate too and another friend.

'I think you are very wrong, Lorraine,' he said without any hello. 'I do want to be seen with you.'

'Yeah, who cares about those rumors?' said the black haired boy next to him with a friendly smile that got to his brown eyes too. 'Oh, I am Adam, by the way. I am glad to meet the girl who charmed this guy.'

Ed punched him in the arm while his friend laughed and Lorraine blushed a bit.

'Ignore him.'

Despite his annoyed words, he was smiling. The way she smiled and blushed made his heart skip a small beat. God, what did she do to him?

A group of girls was watching them carefully from behind the boys and Lorraine noticed them. Ruby, one of the popular girls and one of the many who had a crush on Ed Warren, was glaring at her with anger. Lorraine looked back down at her plate.

And when she got up and continued her day, without those mean girls, Lorraine was surprised.

At the end of the day she was walking with the two boys back home. They were laughing and making jokes or gossiping the teachers. It was a very nice feeling for both Ed and Lorraine. And no matter how hard she was trying to suppress it, Ed was still getting to the girl's heart.

From the moment she saw him at the cinema, she felt it. the warmth of meeting someone who is right for you.

'Will you let me take you out tomorrow?' Ed asked with an innocent smile, when Adam met with a group of his friends and left them in front of Lorraine's house.

The girl wanted to decline the offer politely bot stopped. For the first time in a long while, she thought about what was right for her too.

'Fine,' she answered smiling. 'But don't get too cocky.'

'I won't.'

The two laughed. When she had to leave, Ed leaned down and kissed her hand like a true gentleman.

'Goodbye, Lorraine. Can't wait for tomorrow.'

~Another chapter is ready!! I hope you like it and please leave a comment or vote it. It would really mean a lot to mee~