Chapter 4

Weeks past faster after the two began their amazing journey together. They seemed to be impossible to be separated and Lorraine became a close friends to all the boys from Ed's group. No girl bothered her that much anymore and if they did she wouldn't care. Even if it might have been temporary, she just enjoyed the way her life was going at that moment.

Holding hands, the two were walking to the school together, talking about random stuff and laughing with happiness. Lorraine's hands were so much colder than Ed's but he was already used to that.

It was the Halloween day and everywhere around them there were pumpkins or fake spider webs. Everyone was excited about it, and each year something crazy would happen at their high school or after. Now the two were placing bets about what the main group of troublemakers will do.

'I think they will burst in the middle of the cafeteria, dressed with crazy costumes and playing some dumb act,' Ed spoke convinced that he was right.

'I think they prepared some terrible prank for professor Brown and they will get an endless detention,' Lorraine countered, smiling.

'Well, anything that will happen, I am sure Adam will be part of it.'

'Oh yeah, clearly. Honestly, I am a bit surprised you won't be part of it. What made you so innocent?'

They giggled and stopped under an old tree from the street with the cold wind swirling around them. Ed gently pulled her closer, sharing his warmth and she looked up with her big blue eyes, staring at him. Those crystal eyes that charmed him.

He leaned down to place a long but simple kiss on her soft lips. Emotions ran through her body as she melted into the kiss, inhaling his smell of cologne.

They split up after a few moments, suddenly warmed up and continued their road.

When they got to the high school, the two had to separate, heading to different classes, but promising to meet each other as soon as possible. Lorraine headed to the bathroom, still having time before having to enter the class.

That's where she met with no other, but Ruby. The brown haired girl was there with her five other friends, fixing Lorraine with her grey eyes, squinting with annoyance, yet pretending that she was friendly.

'So,' Ruby began with her high voice and made the other girl rolled her eyes. 'How does it feel to date Ed Warren?'

Lorraine rose an eyebrow.

'Since when are we friends?' she wondered out loud.

'We are clearly not. But I keep wondering what he had seen in you.'

'It's a lot better than you will ever know,' the girl spoke with a cold voice, already angry.

Ruby was about to throw a scathing remark, when one of the girls behind her left the group and headed between them.

'God, when will this stop?' the blonde girl said. 'It is none of your business how her love life is going and it clearly isn't funny to bully her. Even though she is now handling you pretty good.'

She threw Lorraine a beautiful and honest smile, then moved her green eyes the other girls.

'So you are choosing her side?' Ruby asked with fake betrayal on her face.

'I am not picking sides, I am trying to point out that you don't have to hate each other.'

Ruby puffed annoyed.

'Fine. Then, stay with the freak.'

The five girls left the bathroom, leaving Lorraine with the other girl alone.

'I'm Amber, by the way. Amber Smith,' the blonde girl said, holding out her hand.

'Lorraine.'

'I know.'

The two smiled to each other and Lorraine was already convinced they were going to be good friends.

'I haven't seen you much in the past years,' she observed as she looked at the pale girl.

'Yeah, I'm the new girl. I thought that Ruby and the others were nicer than they actually were. Plus, they are the popular girls, I assumed it would give me some sort of protection.'

An amused laugh came out of Lorraine's mouth before she could stop it. After a few moments, she managed to talk.

'Yeah, I know what you mean.'

'And they said all these mean stuff about you, I just don't get what is their problem!'

'Where have you been my entire life, Amber?'

They giggled as they headed to the class on the crowded corridors. Adam greeted Lorraine and she waved her hand in a friendly sign to him. The girl next to her however caught his attention quickly after, and he threw her a charming smile.

'Who is that?' Amber asked blushing a bit.

'Adam Cameron. I will introduce you to him later today if you want.'

'Now I am wondering where have you been since I came here.'

After school, a large group was walking on the streets, heading to what they called "the better part of the Halloween day". Not everyone knew what it was about and Lorraine with Ed and their friends were just as puzzled. Until they stopped in front of a very old house that no one had ever used in the past years.

'This is the haunted house we will get to explore, today!' Robert, one of Ed's close friends, announced.

Three other boys, with Adam between them, and Ruby cheered with excitement. Lorraine on the other side looked at the building suspicious. Without even realizing, she squeezed Ed's hand a lot tighter than usually.

'You okay, Lor?'

She let his hand fall, suddenly realizing.

'Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry. Are you going in too?'

A group was already forming near the gate formed by Adam, Robert, Ruby, one of her girlfriends and another boy that must have been called Lincoln if she remembered right.

'I am not really sure it's a good idea. I've been in there once a year ago, it's like the building will fall over you.'

Lorraine couldn't admit that she was glad. Something didn't feel right about that house.

In the end, four of them remained outside, the two, Amber and Bill, another one of Ed's friends. They were talking and laughing so much that they didn't even notice when the time had passed. Until all the boys and only one girl came out, looking both terrified and amused.

'How was it?' asked Amber smiling.

'Scary,' admitted Ed's best friend, then he paled a bit more. 'We couldn't find Ruby.'

'What?' Lorraine jumped suddenly. 'And you left her alone in there?'

'We thought she was already out...'

'We have to go after her. Adam, come with me,' ordered Ed right away. 'Lor, you have to stay here,' he added when his girlfriend walked with them too.

'No way. I am not leaving you idiots alone in this. And I don't want to hear another protest.'

No protest couldn't even come out of his mouth because something interrupted their conversation. A scream.

~Thing are getting spooky around here. Since Halloween just passed I thought I should write something in its honour. I hope you all like it and please vote it and share it.~